Susie's Reviews > The Princess Bride

The Princess Bride by William Goldman

Feb 12, 09

bookshelves: constantly-rereading
Read in January, 2009

This is one of the books that leave me speechless. But this book, left me speechless for a different reason. I can NOT decide if it's a pretty good book or if it's one of those books I am going to love until the end of time and say "Ooooooh, thaaaat book" everytime someone mentions it. (The books I call Dasfalia-books. F.ex. the Inktrilogy and the Stravaganza-serie. While I read these books I get the so called Dasfalia-feeling which feels a bit like nostalgia, except... better).

You see, this edition (The 30th anniversy one) have two exceptionally long introductions; and I absolutely loved them. I got really caught up in the story of William Goldman, and his grandson Willy and how The Princess Bride had affected his entire life and everything. So consequently, I obviously had really high expectations when I was going to start reading Chapter One - The Bride the next night. (After reading the intros I even got the Dasfalia-feeling)

I stayed up 'til about half past four, finished the book - and did not know if I loved it or not. It is very possible that I was too tired (I've slipped out of my Nocturnal routine) but... I'm going to stop here. Because there isn't really anything else to say.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Princess Bride.

Quotes Susie Liked

William Goldman
“Life isn't fair, it's just fairer than death, that's all.”
William Goldman, The Princess Bride