Jennifer's Reviews > Erotic Deception

Erotic Deception by Karen Cote'

Sep 15, 12

bookshelves: erotic, romance, action-suspense
Read from September 13 to 14, 2012 — I own a copy, read count: 1

In this story the hero and heroine were more realistic than what you normally see, which is what I loved about it. Yes it's great to see a strong heroine that can kick butt all on her own, but come on... how many of us could really do that. When you see an intruder in your home are you going to pull out the can of Whip A$$ or are you going to call 911. Our heroine did the smart thing. She called 911. Several times actually. Lily isn't a dimwit with flighty ideas. She knows when something is beyond her and does what a woman should. She calls in the very handsome town Sheriff. And even the strongest of women fumble when in the presence of a virile man.

Sheriff Jet Walker has relationship issues but with good reason. Though his protectiveness with Lily more than makes up for it. They both come with some baggage – but then who doesn’t. The one thing that bugs me about Jet is that he doesn’t seem to feel the need to explain things to Lily – like what his ex-wife is doing with him every time she turns around. But Jet fully expects Lily to explain her situations. Men... lol.

The story has a few plot turns that keep you changing your opinion on what’s going on and who is doing it. I do enjoy suspense and Karen Cote’ does manage to get that in there along with the romance, action and a bit of humor. I was laughing so hard when Lily went to start cleaning the basement to find herself caught up in a spider web. What woman doesn’t start flailing her arms and looking for the spider immediately? You just have to be sure of the whereabouts of that spider so you know it’s not crawling in your hair. Some may say that it made the heroine appear weak and well… girlie, but I think it made her real.

I also want to mention that the editing in the story was well done. Too often lately the books have more errors that you would think there should be. It can become quite annoying to be reading a love scene and then all of a sudden the sentence makes absolutely no sense and is clearly an error. Well, I can assure you that is not something you will have to worry about with Erotic Deceptions. I give it 5 Stars, as it truly was amazing.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Erotic Deception.