Rachel's Reviews > The Collected Stories of Winnie-The-Pooh

The Collected Stories of Winnie-The-Pooh by A.A. Milne

Mar 04, 14

bookshelves: audiobooks, children, classics, fantasy-and-sci-fi
Read from March 29 to April 03, 2012

I had been looking forward to listening to this for awhile ever since I had found out that Stephen Fry narrated part of it. He has such a distinctive voice, which I thought would be excellent in audiobook format. Dame Judi Dench played Kanga and one of the narrators, Stephen Fry was Pooh, Geoffrey Palmer (who starred in the BBC "As Time Goes By" with Dame Judi Dench) was Eeyore, as well as many other well known British actors and actresses. The readers did an excellent job and really made the stories come alive. I had actually never read the actual Pooh books so I figured this was as good a way as any to do it. The two stories themselves were actually really funny, more so than I would've thought, in the way that Shrek appeals to both kids and adults for different reasons. My only gripe is the way Rabbit, Owl and Eeyore kept berating Pooh and Piglet for being "of little brains", even though I thought that Pooh came up with some pretty awesome ideas, poems and songs. Recommended for ages 5+, 4 stars.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Collected Stories of Winnie-The-Pooh.

03/30/2012 "Disc 2 of 4"