Ginette's Reviews > Destiny Awaits

Destiny Awaits by Jaidis Shaw

Apr 23, 12

Read from April 21 to 23, 2012

Alayna, a young woman marked by tragedy, moves to the small town of Juniper Grove for a fresh start. She's instantly drawn in by her mysterious neighbor Jayden, and the two quickly bond as he helps her get settled into her new home. When things take a deadly turn, Jayden is there to save her, but at what price? Now she has to deal with the reality of the supernatural, and what exactly she has become.

The author does an amazing job at making us love the characters. Alayna Scott, with her painful past and lasting scars, breaks the mold of the typical female heroine. She's no damsel in distress, but still maintains her femininity despite knowing exactly when to kick some ass.

Jayden McKnight, with his jet-black hair and smoldering green eyes is definitely crush-worthy. He reminds me a little of Jacob from the Twilight series, with his tender treatment of Alayna and protective nature, but thankfully he's enough of a man that we won't feel like a cradle-robber if we daydream about him!

I thoroughly enjoyed my trip to Juniper Grove, and eagerly await my next trip to this charming, supernatural small town.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Destiny Awaits.