Gwen's Reviews > Inception: The Shooting Script

Inception by Christopher J. Nolan

May 25, 13

Read from March 30, 2012 to May 25, 2013

As an actress, I used to read plays all the time and sometimes preferred them to novels.
It's been quite some time since I've read a
Shooting Script, and the first time reading one for a movie I've seen.
I've seen "Inception" so many times can listen to it and see it very clearly.
The fun thing about reading the script is seeing, in the completed film, the small changes in dialogue that might have been made on the day.
This movie never fails to amaze/amuse/intrigue and completely pull me in.
To be able to show onscreen, activities taking place simultaneously on 4 different people's distinctly different levels of dreaming...don't get me started.
To read this recipe of how this is to happen is almost as fun as seeing it.
When I love a movie, I see it in the theatres at least twice is possible.
Then I buy it, not just to see it again, but to see the Special Features which usually include the "Making of..." Featurettes including interviews with cast and crew. Often the film will feature a Commentary track in which the Director, sometimes along with the Producer(s), Writer(s) and maybe Actor(s) talking about the making of the film while watching.
I call this "seeing how the sausage is made".
A lot of people I know don't give a toss about that aspect of Filmmaking...or Entertainment in general.
Me? Having been involved in it, and knowing how much work goes into making a film from top to bottom, I love hearing about the Process of taking directions and words taken from a person's mind to paper and then to the screen.
I've rambled on too much now.
Long story, short: I liked reading this script. Next time I watch the movie, I'll read along.
(Did it with "Hard Day's Night" and it made me fall in love with that already favourite film even more!
Now.
What say you about all this?
My top is about to topple...

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Inception.

05/25/2013 marked as: read