Johanna's Reviews > Spirit Bound

Spirit Bound by Richelle Mead

Mar 30, 12

Read in May, 2010

Spirit Bound
(Vampire Academy Book #5)
by Richelle Mead

Genre: Paranormal Romance / Urban Fantasy / Young Adult

After a long and heartbreaking journey to Dimitri's birthplace in Siberia, Rose Hathaway has finally returned to St. Vladimir's-and to her best friend, Lissa. It is nearly graduation, and the girls can't wait for their real lives beyond the Academy's iron gates to begin. But Rose's heart still aches for Dimitri, and she knows he's out there, somewhere.

She failed to kill him when she had the chance. And now her worst fears are about to come true. Dimitri has tasted her blood, and now he is hunting her. And this time he won't rest until Rose joins him... forever.

Rose has returned back to the academy, after her hunt in Siberia, to pass her Guardian test with flying colors and graduate. Things are finally looking up, she has a rich and royal boyfriend (Adrian) who surprisingly she has come to care for, she's on good terms with her best friend (Lissa) and even the Queen of the Court has taken a stranger-than-normal liking to her. Yet, she's receiving haunting letters from her lost love, Demitri, and she begins to realize just how serious he is about hunting her down for a change.

I have to say . . . book #5 didn't grip me as much as book #4. I think I enjoyed the tale before more since Rose was on her own for the majority of it and we all had our doubts of who or what Demitri was going to be! But, NOW we know all that going into this continuation and I feel Spirit Bound didn't expand on the characters or tale as much as I would have liked. I do LOVE Adrian (I'm a big FAN!) and I feel bad that Rose doesn't appreciate him as much as she should, but the story does flow smoothly and finally brings to light the "turn" everyone has been waiting for in the series. A "turn" that really wasn't as big or as complicated as I believe it should have been - it was almost too easy. Overall, the Vampire Academy series continues on with a bang that I believe all followers will enjoy.

Likes: The interactions between Rose & Demitri, no matter how dangerous or heartbreaking and of course, my funny and witty ADRIAN!

Dislikes: Sadly, I felt some of the story was totally implausible.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Spirit Bound.