Susan's Reviews > Wicked Weekend

Wicked Weekend by Gillian Archer

Mar 30, 12

Read in March, 2012

Although I enjoyed some of the steamy sex scenes, the story itself seemed a bit rushed. But, I loved that Lauren realizes later that the guy she initially liked was a sleeze and not worthy of her. The romance that blossoms between Lauren and Jamie is not realistic, but still fun to read about. The sex scenes were good, but i felt at a couple points in the story that Jamie was not being true to his "character." Although he is portrayed as a Dom/Top, he gets emotional and "sweet" at times and it sort of threw me off, (and I'm only familiar with the dom/sub style from books, just to clarify). I expect a certain type of character behavior when they are assigned the dom or sub type characteristics and I don't feel that Jamie stayed true to that title. But, I also think his "sweet" moments added to the romance developing between him and Lauren.
Overall a good read.

*I received free digital copies of these two books from Netgalley for this review. All my reviews are my personal opinion. See my Policy & Disclosure page on my blog (http://faeroticprose.blogspot.com) for more info.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Wicked Weekend.