Star's Reviews > Zombies Don't Cry

Zombies Don't Cry by Rusty Fischer

Mar 30, 2012

Who knew zombies could be this awesome?!?! Mr. Fischer has brought the zombie legend out of the classical era and into...high school. Maddy's done something she never would have thought of before - sneaking out to see a boy, which is also against her father's rules. But Maddy gets the surprise of her life...she's electrocuted and wakes up with a quarter sized burn in her scalp and no heartbeat. After doing some internet research, she runs into some fellow zombies and learns about the zombie lifestyle - and the evil Zerkers.

I think zombies are going to be all the rage (no pun intended) soon! Maddy's always been the good girl and the one time she breaks the rules she loses her life...and gains a new one - as the living dead. Makes me want to follow the rules!! I liked the characters and there were some that I loved to hate, like Maddy's "best friend". I enjoyed following Maddy as she worked through the discoveries of her new existence and made friends with people who she would have never thought about talking to before. Maddy's got to choose what (and who) are more important before it's too late for her family, friends, and school. Find out how it all turns out!!
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Zombies Don't Cry.