ElaineY's Reviews > Out of Control

Dec 27, 13

Read in November, 2013

REVIEW OF AUDIO VERSION; NOV 2013: 2 STARS
NARRATOR: NORMA LANA

I know I enjoyed this installment when I read it back in 2003.

The audio was so disappointing and I've moved on to Book 5, Into the Night which I am enjoying as Deborah Hazlett is a much better narrator than Norma Lana.

Lana's voice is fine but she's so expressionless it was very difficult not just to stay awake but to not get mad at her and the producers. Some people just can't be narrators and Lana is one of them. I tried three times - stopping to read then trying the audiobook again, getting mad and listening to Amy Lane's A Solid Core of Alpha just to hear Paul Morey's voice but found the story awfully boring and went back to Wildcard Karmody. Third try and Lana was just as bad. I gave up and moved on to Mike Muldoon's book. I'd originally thought his and Joan's story was rather boring but hey, I'm seeing a Muldoon that I didn't ten years ago so I'm back in my happy place where my Troubleshooters Reread is concerned.

I'm liking it so much I'm not even tempted to stop and listen to Pamela Clare's latest in audio - Striking Distance, narrated by the inimitable Kaleo Griffith!
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Out of Control.

10/29/2013 marked as: to-read