Kathleen Bruce's Reviews > Wings of the Wicked

Wings of the Wicked by Courtney Allison Moulton

Mar 30, 12

Read in March, 2012

Wow, just wow. I honestly wish i could give it mor than 5 stars. Maybe 6 stars cuz it packs more than 20% awesomeness than anything else ive read lately. I actually started reading Wings of the Wicked until i got to Chapter 3 and it mentioned Cadan and I couldn't really remenber him at first. Before you get mad at me those who love Cadan when I first read Angelfire i was in the hospital waiting to have an operation and i was terified. Reading it really helped calmed me and of course once I was out of the hospital i started reading it again. I think i must have lost some of my memory from fear and hospital meds. So as soon as it mentioned Cadan i closed the book went to my bookcase and pulled out Angelfire and started to read it again. And i loved it so much and im glad i read it again so when i read Wings of the Wicked it was all the more vivid and wonderful. There were also times when it was also painful to read. And i don't mean that in a bad way, just that i could feel Ellie's pain so much that my heart felt like it would break into a million pieces. I thought it was great how i got to see more of the other characters, and not just Cadan. We got to see more of what made them tick, how they felt. When i was on the last few pages i was on the edge of my seat and i think i forgot how to breathe! And i think i was pulling a pained expression on my face according to my husband who then interrupted me thinking something was wrong. Wrong move on his part. Hes now on Cleaning up chores for the weekend. The ending was a Cliffhanger all right and made me tear up majorly but on the very last page i was left hopeful. And me being the optimistic bunny i am i think it's all going to be ok. Otherwise i'm going to cry. A lot. Can't wait for the next book next year. A really good reason to look forward to next year!
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Wings of the Wicked.