Tara's Reviews > Hana

Hana by Lauren Oliver

Apr 15, 12

bookshelves: kindle, young-adult, dystopian
Read from April 13 to 15, 2012

I have to admit, when I thought about reading this, I worried at first that it was just going to be a retelling of what happened in Delirium, but from Hana’s point of view. That said, I was determined to read it before I move onto Pandemonium because I like to read everything in a series when I’m committing to read it.

I was pleasantly surprised that this was actually pretty different from Lena’s story. I was also immediately reminded of how smooth and enjoyable Lauren Oliver’s writing style is, and it made the 60 or so pages of this novella go by really quickly. I was also impressed that Hana’s voice was so different to Lena’s. Sometimes authors tend to make their characters sound the same, and that can happen when there are male and female characters POV’s, so it was nice that this didn’t happen for two girls of the same age.

I also liked the twist at the end. I’m not saying it, so it doesn’t ruin things for those who haven’t read this yet, but this is definitely a good read and an eye-opener for anyone who liked Delirium/Pandemonium!
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Hana.