Nikki's Reviews > Knight

Knight by Kristen Ashley

UPDATE:
So now that Knight has been released, I'm gonna post my responses to Lori's questions for her Team Action review on her blog. The link to the full review (which is hilarious, by the way) is http://lorisbookblog.blogspot.com.au/...

My responses:

1. How do you feel about KA exploring more of an erotic avenue?
I loved it. I totally got her apprehension about going down that path though.... I know (as all us girls do) that she didn't want to alienate her readers by going more erotic. But to me it feels like a natural progression. The sexy times in her romance being what they are (well written, hot, exciting, pant-worthy), I knew that she could take it that step further. I think in one of my phone convo's with Jenny we had actually agreed that we felt that KA had almost gotten to that more erotica feel with the sex scenes in Games of the Heart. Mike was SERIOUSLY hot in that one.

2. What did you love about Anya?
Ooh I really loved Anya from the first page. Standing in the corner at a party that she didn't really want to be at and spotting Knight walking into the apartment like a volatile stormcloud? Nom. It was like Joe or Luke all over again. Anyhoots, I'm complete off track here..... I'm just saying that I identified with her from the very beginning. She was unassuming and sweet. She'd been dealt a pretty rough hand throughout her life and worked hard to get out of that. She didn't expect handouts or a free ride. I liked all of this about her because it proved that she had a strong sense of self. And I loved that she didn't whinge or create drama. And she accepted Knight for who he was.

3. What did you love about Knight?
Jesus, what DIDN'T I love about Knight? Okay so to start with you sort of think he's a bit rough around the edges, mysterious and extremely alpha. That's pretty much spot on because what you see is what you get with Knight. I loved THAT about him. Unapologetic, demanding, HOT. And the feelings he had for Anya were just divine. You could so see the magic there. And the sexy times? Jesus. I had to read this with a fan going at all times. I ADORED the erotic flavoured sex scenes in this book. They were honest and hit a secret spot deep inside of me. I loved Knight and Anya's interactions in those scenes... perfect.

4. At what point did you swoon over Knight?
My point-of-first-swoon was when Knight lifted Anya up in his arms and walked her over the pile of coats in the hallway. That did it for me.... I was a goner.

5. How did you feel about Knight's sexual endearment for Anya?
I... LOVED it. It was one of those things that I completely identified with in regards to my response above of the sexual stuff hitting that secret spot inside of me. I loved the sexual endearment; I TOTALLY got it, but can understand how some people could feel trepidation about it. It was something that worked for Knight and (after a little while) Anya, though. And it totally worked for me.

Original (non-spoilery) Review:
To be chosen as a beta reader by the Goddess also known as Kristen Ashley was..... (goes without saying) a dream come true.

Luckily (after screaming at my monitor and drying my eyes) I got to share this amazing experience with some of my favourite girls in the entire world and we pulled through this together as Team Action (and swooning fangirls).

I don't want to spoil this for you. Read the blurb then times your most addictive KA read by about 100.... that's how this will make you feel. This is stunning, intoxicating and BRILLIANT.

Gorgeous and complex characters, resonant beautiful writing, EXTREME HOTNESS - I am NOT even kidding.... I had to change my panties about 50 times when reading this.

Knight is - in this humble reader's opinion - the kind of book that has taken Kristen Ashley from fabulous and amazing to the pinnacle of her genre.

I loved it and know you will too.
"Wars fought over a face like this," he murmured like he was talking to himself, my heart stopped beating and his thumbs moved lightly across my cheeks. "A man would work himself into the ground for it, go down to his knees to beg to keep it, endure torture to protect it, take a bullet for it," his eyes came to mine, "poison his brother to possess a face like this."
Sigh.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Knight.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Sali babe i love it when u have to change ur panties lol

omg knight total swoon

Nikki OMG Sal... I'm still swooning. And still changing panties.

Baba  ♥♥♥ Tyler, Marcus, Archer, Dean, Adrian, Dan & Hunter Wow, that's wonderful, Nikki!! Can't wait to read it too! :)

Nikki Baba you will adore it. I can't wait to read it again with all my GR babes!

Baba  ♥♥♥ Tyler, Marcus, Archer, Dean, Adrian, Dan & Hunter Nikki wrote: "Baba you will adore it. I can't wait to read it again with all my GR babes!"

LOL I'm definitely sure, babe! I loooove erotic romance (see Anne Calhoun)!

Sali Nikki wrote: "OMG Sal... I'm still swooning. And still changing panties.

This was so amazing and I am so happy and honoured to have been given the opportunity and to share it with my girls."

ohhh sweetness its been so freaking amazeballs !!!\

message 7: by Nikki (last edited Mar 30, 2012 02:21AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Nikki Baba: Ohhhh yes my love, you're the one that got me onto AC!!! This is erotic romance KA-style..... could there be anything better in this world????!

And as Sali said in her review..... you are lulled at the beginning of Knight and then BAM! It hits you with a big delicious bang! Stunning, Babs. Can't wait for you to read it.

Baba  ♥♥♥ Tyler, Marcus, Archer, Dean, Adrian, Dan & Hunter Nikki wrote: "Baba: Ohhhh yes my love, you're the one that got me onto AC!!! This is erotic romance KA-style..... could there be anything better in this world????!

And as Sali said in her review..... you are l..."

*rubs hands together* LOL This will be good, I can feel it! *squeal*
Ok, I'm outta here because I have to pick up my little cutie-pie and then we have to go to my mom for lunch. Delish! Sweet dreams, sweets!

Nikki Yay! Enjoy your Friday my love!

message 10: by Lori (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lori I had to change my panties too babe :) Awesome review <3

Searock That's awesome Nik! Yay. Can't wait.

Kristen (Peddler of Smut) Yaaay Nikki! I'm so freakin excited that you had the opportunity to read this book! You've made me EVEN more excited for Knight's release! Wonderful review, sweets. Luv ya!

message 13: by Sali (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sali when there is pantie changing all round u know ur in 4 a treat lol

Krystal seriously.. you guys are killing me !!! lol.. :D Cant wait !! :D :D

message 15: by Nikki (last edited Mar 30, 2012 07:01PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Nikki Thank you girls!!!

I just wrote something on Sali's review that I really wanted to post here because after typing it I kind of took a step back and thought, "well shit.... yeah."

[about Team Action] I chat to these girls daily... hourly even and we are all super close. What started as a book club turned into some crazy gorgeous friendship and I love, love, love them.

[about Knight] KA pulled a swifty on us and allowed us the amazing opportunity that we've been able to now bring out into the light. We feel honoured and humbled to be chosen to represent KA fans from all over.

This has a different flavour to KA's other books whilst still retaining her essence. We all feel like it's allowed Kit to "exhale" a little and write in a way that she's hasn't felt able to before.

I don't want to give anything else away but please just know that we're very lucky, we know how lucky we are, and we can't wait for Knight's release so that you all can share in this brilliance, too.

message 16: by Lori (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lori Alright fellow KA Addicts... Sali and I have been chatting and I'm going to have Team Action be guests on my blog and we thought maybe we could do a little Q&A type review for you girls...

So ask us you're questions and we'll try and answer them for you... Ask them here or send Sali or I messages with them :)

I can not wait to do this blog review with my Team Action girls :)

message 17: by Sali (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sali Nikki wrote: "Thank you girls!!!

[about Team A..."

this is beautiful baby :) i luv luv luv u

KatLynne Wow Nikki! How awesome for you and your review has made me sooo anxious to begin this one. Just downloaded and starting ! now! Great Review!

Nikki Oh KL, I really hope you enjoy this! It will hook you if not straightaway then definitely by the kitchen scene in Ch 5! Yowza!!

message 20: by Jill (new) - rated it 2 stars

Jill Fantastic review, Nikkster! I can't say I swooned over Knight. But as usual the book was unputdownable.

message 21: by Sali (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sali omg omg omg niiiiiiikkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkiiiiiiiiiii !!!!!!!
we r totally (kind of ) lol book famous as of today squeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Nikki Jilly: It was definitely another KA unputdownable, Jilly! I'm sorry Knight wasn't a fave of yours, but as I said, still looking forward to your review. :)

Sali: OMGGGGGGGG I know!!! I got all teary when I saw our names in the acknowledgements! TOO AMAZING!!!

message 23: by Sali (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sali me too baby :)

message 24: by Sali (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sali omg i have gifted so many copies this morn lol

Nikki I gifted it to Kirrilee... here's hoping she can put her m/m down for half a day to read it!!

message 26: by Sali (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sali ohhh she better do u want me to bug our sister mine (lol) & tell her to get knighted lol

message 27: by Sali (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sali lol "get knighted " ooowww i like that lol

Anna (Bobs Her Hair) You got to be a beta reader? Nice. From Baba and your review I gather this book may fall into the erotic category. Yay! Anyway, nice review! ;o)

Nikki Yuppers Anna, I did. It was such a huge honour (as you know I haven't been physically or mentally able to leave KA Land since December!!); I was one of six readers who KA asked to provide feedback for this book as she was writing it. It was amazing. And my name is in the acknowledgements which is out of control humbling!

Knight pretty much spellbound me.

Karla You really outdid yourself with this review Nikki...well done!

Searock Love it, Nikki :)

Krystal Awesome review ! Knight is my daddy !!! Lol

Nikki Karla, Searock and Krystal - thank you so much! I really appreciate your comments as there have definitely been some mixed reactions to this book and I'm feeling a little delicate right now to be honest.

Oh and Krystal honey you'll have to wait in line... I feel like I'm one of only a few people that love the whole Daddy thing....... *sigh*. Ah well, more for us hey babe? LOL

Jenny - TotallybookedBlog Hold your head high Nik! I think we're all a little protective of this book and KA and feeling a little bit delicate over some of the reviews due to our involvement in it.

Just think back to the feeling we had when we first read this, how much we loved it and how proud we were that KA took this leap and allowed us to take it with her.

Nothing can take that away my sweets!

People will either love it or loathe it.

Oh and who's your daddy lol!!!

Nikki Bahahaha Jen... not you but HM on the other hand.... ;)

Jenny - TotallybookedBlog hahaha! HM for sure! lol

Anna (Bobs Her Hair) Nikki wrote:Anyhoots, yes Anna - Knight is an erotic romance because of the level of intensity in the sex scenes. I wouldn't classify it as straight BDSM... more like a more intense version of your normal KA hero in terms of control and alpha-ness. But this is something that I love and embrace and I know that it won't be that way for everyone.

Nikki Anna wrote: "Since alphas Ty and Tate nearly pushed me (but not quite) to the breaking point I think it would be wise for me to skip this book. Others who like this kind of hero will probably love it. :o)"

Sent you a PM with some recs, Anna! :D

Anna (Bobs Her Hair) Got it Nikki! Thank you so much! (((hugs)))