Sebastian's Reviews > Pădurea norvegiană

Pădurea norvegiană by Haruki Murakami

Mar 29, 2012

bookshelves: favorites

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Pădurea norvegiană.

Quotes Sebastian Liked

Haruki Murakami
“If you only read the books that everyone else is reading, you can only think what everyone else is thinking.”

Haruki Murakami
“People leave strange little memories of themselves behind when they die.”

Haruki Murakami
“I didn't have much to say to anybody but kept to myself and my books. With my eyes closed, I would touch a familiar book and draw it's fragrance deep inside me. This was enough to make me happy.”

Haruki Murakami
“Memory is a funny thing. When I was in the scene, I hardly paid it any mind. I never stopped to think of it as something that would make a lasting impression, certainly never imagined that eighteen years later I would recall it in such detail. I didn't give a damn about the scenery that day. I was thinking about myself. I was thinking about the beautiful girl walking next to me. I was thinking about the two of us together, and then about myself again. It was the age, that time of life when every sight, every feeling, every thought came back, like a boomerang, to me. And worse, I was in love. Love with complications. The scenery was the last thing on my mind.”

Haruki Murakami
“Nobody likes being alone that much. I don't go out of my way to make friends, that's all. It just leads to disappointment. ”

Haruki Murakami
“I was always hungry for love. Just once, I wanted to know what it was like to get my fill of it -- to be fed so much love I couldn't take any more. Just once. ”

Haruki Murakami
“It's because of you when I'm in bed in the morning that I can wind my spring and tell myself I have to live another good day.”

Haruki Murakami
“What happens when people open their hearts?"
"They get better.”

Haruki Murakami
“I have a million things to talk to you about. All I want in this world is you. I want to see you and talk. I want the two of us to begin everything from the beginning.”

Haruki Murakami
“I don't care what you do to me, but I don't want you to hurt me. I've had enough hurt already in my life. More than enough. Now I want to be happy.”

Haruki Murakami
“What a terrible thing it is to wound someone you really care for and to do it so unconsciously.”