Nicole Svare's Reviews > Cross My Heart and Hope to Spy

Cross My Heart and Hope to Spy by Ally Carter

Mar 29, 12

Read in March, 2012

When I found this book in the library, I was extremely excited. I had been waiting for it to show up for a long time. This book is the second book in the series, and it was even better than the first one in my opinion. The story is about an all-girls elite school for spies. The main character, Cammie, and some of her friends, find out about the existence of an All-boys spy school, and the story goes on from there. She ends up meeting one of the spies there, without knowing he was a spy, and it's just amazing. My favorite part in the book is near the end. The final adventure of the story was coming to an end, and, after spending the entire book hating each other, Cammie and Zach finally understand one another. The ironic part is when they form a kind of friendship, Zach has to leave. Forever. The quote says "Zach was still cocky; he was still tough. But on the other hand, he'd offered me candy once when I was hungry, and I couldn't help thinking that maybe that made him sort of knightlike after all. That maybe it wasn't his fault his armor was kind of tarnished." I also loved everything that came after that, and everything before that, but I kind of don't think I can fit that in the review. The author's style was written as the viewpoint of a young teenage girl- a normal one, despite her being a spy. I would recommend this book to girls, mostly teenage girls. It's a very...teenage-girl-ish book.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Cross My Heart and Hope to Spy.