Sofia Galvez's Reviews > Lauren's Saints of Dirty Faith

5420503
Apr 04, 2012

liked it
Read from March 29 to April 04, 2012

This is the 3rd installment of The Dirty Girls Social Club which the 1st book I loved. That book spoke to me in so many ways. It was awesome reading about smart Latina women who weren't the help or couldn't speak English.
I have to say I follow Ms. Valdes on facebook so I knew the book was only going to feature 3 of the the dirty girls. But I still had tiny hope they were gonna be a part of it by ways of a phone call or email but they weren't. To be honest they were slightly mention is passing. .This book focuses on Lauren, Usnavys and Rebecca at the age of 36 with troubles in their relationships, the economy and their family issues. I really liked Usnavy and Rebecca story but felt their endings were too rushed. I wanted to know about Rebecca and her sister meeting each other and Rebecca confronting her father. I also wanted to know more about Juan & Usnavys and see her a lot more humbled. She lost everything, her job, her kids, and her husband. But her character is still one of my favorites. The way she talks and the way she is a no holds bar type of person is great. LOVE HER. But I guess I am going to have to wait for their books.
Now Lauren's story wasn't the one I was a fan of and maybe cause I follow MS. Valdes on FB and I gather she basis this character on herself, and Lauren's cowboy on her own cowboy. I know when you fall in love you think the person you are falling in love with is perfect but thats not reality. But oh well. At least Lauren has found a good man.
Overall I liked the book and and can't wait to read more.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Lauren's Saints of Dirty Faith.

04/03/2012
75.0% "I like 2 out 3 of the stories."