Andrea's Reviews > Ethereal

Ethereal by Addison Moore

May 13, 12

bookshelves: young-adult-paranormal
Read from May 09 to 10, 2012

My blogging buddy, Autumn, has been telling me how awesome the CELESTRA series is for a while now. So I have to say, I had high expectations for the series. My expectations were blown away. I mean, really, there are so many angel series out there. And so often, they seem to fall a bit short in many readers' expectations. But ETHEREAL was wonderful.

What made it wonderful? For starters, the writing. Again, I had friends insisting I would love Skyla. And I really did. She's not a perfect heroine. She's real, and she's so darn funny. I love a character who can deliver the snark without being obnoxious. I caught myself smiling as I read along. All the characters were fun to read. Their conversations were realistic and entertaining.

In addition to the character aspect, the story in ETHEREAL was great, as well. A lot of YA Paranormal books feel repetitive. But I never once had that "Oh, great. Not this old story again." feeling while reading ETHEREAL. While there are a lot of angel stories, I haven't read any with quite the same tone. Addison Moore's writing feels completely fresh and engaging.

Next topic: Logan and Gage. Many people began hounding me for my opinion as soon as I started reading. I kept thinking "Why are they asking me this already? I just started the book." But then, I started reading and I quickly realized why the fans are so passionate about these guys. Logan and Gage are both so endearing. I know a lot of readers, myself included, are wary of love triangles. And though this hasn't developed into a full-blown triangle yet, you know it's so going to happen. Love triangles get a bad rap because so often their not well-executed. But a love triangle done right, when both guys (or girls) are great choices, is a wonderful thing.

I'm highly impressed with ETHEREAL, and wildly excited to continue the series. The ending was a killer. As soon as I turned the last page, without a moment's hesitation, I opened up TREMBLE. And that says a lot for me.

Favorite Quote(s):

"Logan doesn't take his eyes off me. The intensity has returned to his face. His eyes seem to have garnered the ability to steal the light from the chandelier, cast it out at the world as though it were their own." (ebook,8%)

"It's an explosion of emotion when his lips connect with mine. A love song, and every glorious sunset I've ever seen all rolled into one. We write a poem with the dull ache of our passion."

(ebook, 57%)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Ethereal.

05/09/2012