Brandt Johnson's Reviews > Love Wins: A Book About Heaven, Hell, and the Fate of Every Person Who Ever Lived

Love Wins by Rob Bell

Mar 29, 2012

did not like it
Read from March 29 to May 18, 2012

I do not think I will even finish this book. I understand where Bell seems to be coming from, but it just does not make sense. Yes, there are a lot of people on this earth "going through hell" but that does not mean that there is not a place designated for those who do not choose God. His take on the rich man and Lazarus is interesting. He says that the "great chasm fixed" is the attitude in the heart of the rich man. He will never change the way he thinks of himself as higher than Lazarus. That was about as far as I could choke down on this over-sweetened mush.

If you want to know what a man thinks on the topic of hell, read this book. If you want to see what the Bible says, read Erasing Hell Erasing Hell What God Said about Eternity, and the Things We've Made Up by Francis Chan

I did finish it and i am still not impressed. A very old argument on a very old topic that is not as wide-spread as Bell implies that it is. Informative at best. It is helpful to understand why people think certain ways. It will also be helpful if I ever meet a universalist face to face and we begin talking theology.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Love Wins.