Kristen's Reviews > Knight

Knight by Kristen Ashley

Oct 09, 2013

bookshelves: kristen-ashley, romantica, steamy, anti-hero, 5-star, dark-hero, endearing-heroine, favorite-heroine, great-ending, explicit-content
Read in April, 2012

5 stars

I can understand why this book did not work for everyone! I, however, loved reading every page of this story.

Kristen Ashley gave me what I wanted. She gave me a true anti-hero–one who would challenge what I consider acceptable behavior in my hero. Knight was the type of character who generated, for me, an inner turmoil between my desire for a hero who genuinely loves his heroine (which he did) and my knowledge that he had few, if any, redeeming qualities, and frankly, didn't deserve that heroine.

I could never accept a man like Knight in real life; however, Knight is a fantasy, and, for me, I could look past all his imperfections and fall in love with the love story. If you can do the same, then you will enjoy this story. If you can't, this book probably is not for you.

If you're already a Kristen Ashley addict, or interested in checking out her books, be sure to stop by our Kristen Ashley Addict's Support Group here on Goodreads!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Knight.

04/11/2012 "Quick question. I'm just starting this book but read (twice) the working chapters. Has anything changed or can I skim to where those chapters ended and the new ones begin?" 10 comments
04/11/2012
28.0% "After reading almost 20 Kristen Ashly books, I've become very proficient at deciphering her lingo; however, every so often one of her heroes will say something that makes me go huh? I'm having one of those moments right now. Lol." 11 comments
04/12/2012
43.0% "I adore Anya. Adore her! KA has written one of my all-time hated heroines BUT she's also written five of my all-time favorite heroines. Looks like Anya will make it number six." 13 comments
04/12/2012
79.0% "I freakin' LOVE this book. I know many had a hard time with this story, and I can see why, but for me this story is a beautiful—although maybe a little deranged—love story. It's so much more than an erotica and I love that!" 7 comments

Baba  ♥♥♥ Tyler, Marcus, Archer, Dean, Adrian, Dan & Hunter You can skim them, Kristen. I'd say just start with chapter ?6?

Kristen Thank you, Baba!

Baba  ♥♥♥ Tyler, Marcus, Archer, Dean, Adrian, Dan & Hunter YAY! You loved it, Kristen! I'm somewhat relieved that it did work for you! Nice review!

message 4: by Kristen (last edited Apr 13, 2012 02:10PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kristen Yes, I did love the book. KA gave us a real anti-hero and I loved that. There were times I was having an internal war with myself, but I wanted a anti-hero who loved his girl and Knight loved his girl.

Jill I may miss your full review, Kristen. But like what you've written regardless.

Kristen Thank you, Jill. I know life is busy but please stop in every so often when you get a chance and say Hello to us. I will miss you while you're away. Luv ya!

Baba  ♥♥♥ Tyler, Marcus, Archer, Dean, Adrian, Dan & Hunter I could never accept a man like Knight in real life; however, Knight is a fantasy, and, for me, I could look past all his imperfections and fall in love with the love story.

Perfectly said, Kristen!

Kristen Thanks Baba!

message 9: by Anachronist (new)

Anachronist This book is probably not for me. A nice, short, informative review, thanks!

Leslie N-i-c-e review, Kristen!!

Kristen Anachronist wrote: "This book is probably not for me. A nice, short, informative review, thanks!"

Thank you. Go with your gut. Knight is an anti-hero that doesn't redeem himself in the end by becoming the good guy. I loved it but it won't work for everyone.

Kristen Leslie wrote: "N-i-c-e review, Kristen!!"

Thanks sweetie! ((hugs))

Karla Very to-the-point, heartfelt review. I'm glad you enjoyed the fantasy that is Knight!!

Kristen Thanks Karla. I did enjoy this book but I'm having a difficult time with the one I'm reading now. I hate when an author has a hero rape the heroine but has the heroine enjoy the rape. I end up boycotting that author. I'm having a very difficult time personally right now.

Karla Kristen wrote: "Thanks Karla. I did enjoy this book but I'm having a difficult time with the one I'm reading now. I hate when an author has a hero rape the heroine but has the heroine enjoy the rape. I end up boyc..."

I'm sorry to hear that Kristen. If you need to talk you know where to find me. (((hugs)))

Nikki Fabulous, succinct review Kristen. And I'm not just saying that because you rated it 5 stars. This reflects my feelings in a very clear way and to be honest, I think it's one of KA's best.

Jenny - TotallybookedBlog Great review Kristen. You got it in one! Whilst you wouldn't want someone like Knight in real life but as a fictional character he's what we want.

message 18: by Anachronist (new)

Anachronist Kristen wrote:"Knight is an anti-hero that doesn't redeem himself in the end by becoming the good guy. I loved it but it won't work for everyone."

So I surmised. I have nothing against anti-heroes but I am not sure I could stomach a pimp. Not really.

KatLynne Nice review Kristen!

Kristen Thank you Nikki, Jenny, and KatLynne. I know this book will not work for everyone, but I sure loved it.

Lisa Jayne great review, i keep seeing this pop up on good reads! Think i'll give it a go x

Kristen Thank you, Lisa Jayne. This book didn't work for everyone. I really hope it works for you.

Lisa Jayne I finished it today LOVED it!

Kristen Oh good! I'm glad! I loved it, too.

Auntee Well said. I didn't always approve of his methods, but I could see the reasoning (however twisted!) behind them.:) And he really did love Anya, didn't he?:)

Kristen Thank you, Auntee. Exactly. I didn't like what he did but I liked him and I love how he loved his girl. Just you wait until Creed. You'll get to really understand Knight. I loved Creed. It might be my favorite KA book.

Auntee Ooh, Knight's in "Creed"?
That cinches it, I'm reading it next!:O

Kristen Yes, he's in it a lot.

Lizzeth "Too many books so little time" I loved this book, I loved Knight. He was the perfect antihero and on my top list of book boyfriends. Yes, I am that freaky, but I do not care. He is awesome!

Kristen I loved this book too. Knights one of my favorite KA heroes.

message 31: by Didi (new) - rated it 5 stars

Didi Nice review Kristen :) I loved this one too and completely agree about accepting the fantasy despite not tolerating its reality!

Carisa Nice review Kristen, I'm happy you loved it too ;)

Lisa Jayne I LOVE that cover!

SueBee★bring me an alpha!★ Same here, great review and pretty great cover! Thanks Kristen.

message 35: by Jamie (last edited May 05, 2013 03:38PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jamie Whoa! I LOOOOVVVVEEEE that cover! Makes me want to read it again for the 3RD TIME!

Kristen Thanks ladies. I think this might be one of my favorite KA covers. I love it. I really loved Creeds cover, too.

Blacky *Romance Addict* Great review Kristen, and love the new cover :))))

Duchess Nicole I really do love the new covers for this series! Gorgeous! And uber sexy.

Kristen Blacky *Must have HEA* wrote: "Great review Kristen, and love the new cover :))))"

Me too, Blacky. It's one of my KA favorites. :)

Kristen Duchess Nicole wrote: "I really do love the new covers for this series! Gorgeous! And uber sexy."

I agree, Nicole. I thought they did a great job with this series. I'm not a huge fan of the Dream Man covers but I love the Unfinished Hero ones.

Nikki ღ Navareus I love this book so much too. I just reread it and it was just as good the second time around. Knight is hot, hot, hot! Love him.

Kristen I loved this story, too! Your comment makes me want to read this story again. :)

Nikki ღ Navareus You definitely should! I was in a funk, and I just could not find a book worthy of reading, so I finally went back and read Knight again. I read Sheltered by Charlotte Stein again too. I cannot believe how many crappy books I have tried to read lately, and ended up deleting because they sucked so bad. There's nothing like reading a book you just love though. They are pretty rare for me these days.

message 44: by Ruth (new) - rated it 3 stars

Ruth Hot book!!!!

Kristen NOODLE wrote: "You definitely should! I was in a funk, and I just could not find a book worthy of reading, so I finally went back and read Knight again. I read Sheltered by Charlotte Stein again too. I cannot ..."

I think I'll take your advice and re-read this one. I agree! It's getting harder and harder to find well written books these days.

Kristen Ruth wrote: "Hot book!!!!"

I agree!!!

message 47: by Ruth (new) - rated it 3 stars

Ruth Great review .... This is a book I've gone back to a few times.

message 48: by Colette (last edited Oct 09, 2013 06:54PM) (new)

Colette this was very good! you spoke your truth and gave readers a clear understanding of how you "accept" Knight....I was very turned off at the prospect of reading this...until now...sure fantasy that I can do!

message 49: by Kristen (last edited Oct 09, 2013 06:59PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kristen Thank you so much, Colette. I did struggled with a few thing throughout this book but not enough for me to not love the story. However, I had to look at it as pure fantasy or it would have been a 1 star read for me. I hope it works for you but it's not a book for everyone. :)

message 50: by Roche (new)

Roche Wow! Five stars? Been holding off on this one. Not sure if I'd like it.

« previous 1