Jenni's Reviews > Heaven Is Here: An Incredible Story of Hope, Triumph, and Everyday Joy

Heaven Is Here by Stephanie Nielson

Mar 29, 12

bookshelves: true-stories
Read from March 20 to 26, 2012 — I own a copy

This book left a sweet taste in my mouth. In fact, I just keep thinking about it. The story is well organized and well told, divided into three major sections. The author of the book, Amy Hackworth, does an excellent job balancing both the positive and negatives in the story without getting overly unctuous, overly preachy, or overly dramatic. It is simply an amazing story told without embellishment or hyperbole. Both Stephanie and Hackworth demonstrate their remarkable insights and competent grasp of relationships and human behavior. After I finished the book, I realized how perfect the subtitle is: this is truly a story of hope, triumph and everyday joy.

Although Stephanie's life BC (before crash) seemed almost too good to be true, it was fun to get a glimpse into someone's life who truly was joyful, proof that contentment is attainable. Her life was great, yes, but partly because of her attitude which is the shining star throughout the book. And actually Mr. Nielsen is a knight in compression bandage armor. What an amazing man and beautiful love story!

Hackworth showed great humor in her writing too. There were some really fun vignettes wittily told. I loved the part where Stephanie and her husband were making out in the forest and her in-laws drove up. It was so cute the way Hackworth handled that. There were hints of sexuality and romance all done in such a discreet, yet seductive way. Hackworth's restraint was actually more delightful and encouraging for the imagination!

There were SO many other sweet, poignant moments, as well as subtle ideas for family traditions and ways to support others in need. This book is so much more than a memoir.

One of my favorite parts was the section between the prologue and the epilogue. Loved the whole thing, including the great photos, some which were taken by the writer's husband, Justin Hackworth.

Can't say enough good about the book and the Nielsons and their families.

Plus, I hope we see many more books by Amy Hackwoth.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Heaven Is Here.