Shauna's Reviews > Stellarnet Rebel

Oct 02, 12

bookshelves: books-read-in-2012, adult-fiction, official-reviews-for-blog
Read from April 02 to 19, 2012

For more (mini) reviews check out the thesisterstale @ blogspot

Let me just get this out here right now: science fiction is my favorite. I’m a sci-fi geek, especially if it’s set in space. So, when I came across Stellarnet Rebel, I was excited. I didn't love it as much as I hoped I would, but it was still a terrific read. Once the story clicked more for me toward the middle, it was definitely a page turner. Genny, the protagonist of this book, is fantastic. I loved her from the start, and even when I was struggling getting invested toward the beginning, she kept me engaged in the story. By far my favorite thing about this book is the world building. It’s outstanding. The level of work J.L. Hilton must have put into it, I can’t even begin to contemplate. It will blow you away. Stellarnet Rebel is also full of laugh-out-loud lines, with top notch humor infused in every page. There is a love triangle in this book, and while 98% of the time have zero tolerance policy for those, J.L. Hilton did something very unconventional, and I thought it worked extremely well. It’s definitely a refreshing spin on the typical ‘triangle’. Go pick up Stellarnet Rebel if you like space opera/futuristic stories, with amazing world-building and lots of humor. Note: This is an adult book, so you will find explicit sex scenes in here.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Stellarnet Rebel.