Casey's Reviews > Perception

Perception by Kim Harrington

Mar 29, 12

bookshelves: 2012, mystery, series, supernatural, teen, trc-2012
Read in March, 2012

Too many things going on for any one of them to be developed. The mystery was kind of a joke and really not actually a big part of the book. Clare's talents seemed unnecessary in this book--she barely used them. The main plot lines were: 1. the love triangle (which may become a square in future books because it seems as though the author is hinting that Nate, brother Perry's bf, has a thing for Clare) and 2. mean girls. One thing about the love triangle that really bugged me was that I thought one of Clare's main hang ups about Gabriel was that he didn't really believe in her powers. This is mentioned once in the beginning of the book then never brought up again. Could she really seriously consider being with someone who didn't believe in something that is fundamental to her being? I was annoyed it was never again addressed. A couple of the others things going one were Perry has developed some sort of agoraphobia and Clare makes a true friend.

I didn't particularly like Clare in this book and I don't think I'll be reading more.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Perception.