Edna's Reviews > The Knife of Never Letting Go

Mar 29, 2012

liked it
bookshelves: 2012, science-fiction, young-adult, dystopia-utopia
Read from March 11 to April 07, 2012

Sorry, folks, I can't jump on the bandwagon with this particular book. Don't get me wrong, it's not a bad. I actually liked a lot of aspects: the protagonist, the best dog EVER, the world, some of the writing style. BUT this was an extremely frustrating read. To borrow a line from the tv show Arrested Development, this book got off on withholding.(view spoiler) When all comes down to it, more questions are brought up and the need for those answers, like in my case, may just get you to read the next novel, whether or not The Knife of Never Letting Go completely hooked you.

Full review published on Wit & Fancy.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Knife of Never Letting Go.

03/29/2012 page 141
04/06/2012 page 353
74.0% "Manchee is a ruddy great dog. That is all."

Katie To borrow a line from the tv show Arrested Development, this book got off on withholding

Soooo true. You don't need to give all the answers right away, but this was ridiculous.

Edna Yeah, I know. Are you planning to read the next one?

Katie No. I took a peek about the reviews to see if they sounded appealing enough, but I think I'll pass.

Did you?

Edna My sister has the books and really loves them so one day I'll give it another shot.