Wee Shubba (Totally Bookalicious)'s Reviews > Truth or Dare . . .

Truth or Dare . . . by P.J. Night

Mar 30, 12

Read in March, 2012

I am not the target age for this book. It's aim at young girls between 9-12 but I have to say I really did enjoy it and looking forward to reading more of the Creepover books.

Truth or Dare is about Abby, a young girl who at a sleepover plays truth or dare with friends and she picks truth and ends up revealing to her friends who she has a crush on. However, in the middle of the night she receives a creepy text message telling her to stay away from her crush, Jake. Soon Abby feels like lots of creepy stuff is happening around her. Is Abby being tormented with someone playing a prank? or is she being haunted by a ghost?

I decided to pick this up to read last night because I have been feeling weird not reading, but I just haven't been well enough to read a big book. So Truth or Dare was calling to me. I curled up in bed in the dark, reading with a torch just to set the mood. And it worked. It was the perfect choice. I devoured this story within an hour. It really keeps you interested all the way through and keeps you guessing. My only negative is that I had no idea what age the characters were. I am guessing at between 12-14 but I am not really sure. And the setting is never clear. I wasn't sure where the book is set but guessing by some of the words, somewhere in the UK.

As I said I am not the target audience for these books. But I enjoyed it alot. For young girls (preteen) I think will adore this series. It's fun, quick and has just the right amount of creepiness to give you chills. I can see this being a book read at sleepovers to try and scare each other.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Truth or Dare . . ..