Jackie's Reviews > Watched

Watched by Cindy M. Hogan

F 50x66
Mar 29, 12

This was a bit of a disappointment for me. I had read a review of this book and was anxious to read it. I felt like I labored with every page. Yes, I understand I'm not the target reader here. Still...I've read a number of other books where I wasn't the target reader and nevertheless felt involved and engaged in reading. Not so with this one.

I didn't really find much to care about here: the characters, the bad guys (they were all so very vague) the plot, even the setting was sort of glossed over. Almost like the author wasn't sure herself what direction to take this.

Add to this lack the editing problems and I nearly tossed the book back to the library a number of times. Since I couldn't find any indication of a publisher, I'm guessing that means it was self-published. My hat is always tipped to those who have so much faith and conviction in their own writing that they will self-publish, I know it isn't an inexpensive project. However, this one is really marginal at best. Don't think I'll be recommending it.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Watched.

message 1: by Cassie (new)

Cassie I agree. She either needed to write a teen romance or an espionage thriller. Combining the two did not work for me at all. I was highly disappointed and struggled through just to get to the end which was a let down as well. The bones of a good story are there if only the expertise of a good editor had been utilized.

Karen I felt the same way. I din't feel like the author knew what direction she was taking the book. I felt like a lot was left out. I am not the target reader, either, but I enjoy mysteries and this left me empty.