Lisa Kay's Reviews > Witness in Death

Witness in Death by J.D. Robb

The fabulous Marlene Dietrich in Agatha Christie’s wonderful “Witness for the Prosecution,” the play Roarke and Eve go to see.
description

★★★★★ & a Wow! & a Whoa! (This is a review of the audiobook.) Susan Ericksen narrates these characters as if she wrote them instead of J.D. Robb, she knows them that well. Her narration lets us know them better, too!

Loved this one. Adore all of them, actually, but this one was extra-extraordinary. I think it is one of the best in the series. The homage to Agatha Christie was spot-on; especially Roarke’s thinking how much Dame Christie would love Lieutenant Eve Dallas. We get to see deeper into these characters. The dialogues between Peabody and Dallas are revealing, taking them to a deeper level of intimacy. The scenes with Roarke are H.O.T., funny, and tender.

In Death series in correct reading order.
Naked in Death (In Death, #1) by ROBERTS NORA Glory in Death (In Death, #2) by J.D. Robb Immortal in Death (In Death, #3) by J.D. Robb Rapture in Death (In Death, #4) by J.D. Robb Ceremony in Death (In Death, #5) by J.D. Robb Vengeance in Death (In Death, #6) by J.D. Robb Holiday in Death (In Death, #7) by J.D. Robb Midnight in Death (In Death, #7.5) by J.D. Robb Conspiracy in Death (In Death, #8) by J.D. Robb Loyalty in Death (In Death, #9) by J.D. Robb Witness in Death (In Death, #10) by J.D. Robb Judgment in Death (In Death, #11) by J.D. Robb Betrayal in Death (In Death, #12) by J.D. Robb Interlude in Death (In Death, #12.5) by J.D. Robb Seduction in Death (In Death, #13) by J.D. Robb Reunion in Death (In Death, #14) by J.D. Robb Purity in Death (In Death, #15) by J.D. Robb Portrait in Death (In Death, #16) by J.D. Robb Imitation in Death (In Death, #17) by J.D. Robb Big Jack (In Death, #17.5) by J.D. Robb* Divided in Death (In Death, #18) by J.D. Robb Visions in Death (In Death, #19) by J.D. Robb Survivor In Death (In Death, #20) by J.D. Robb Origin in Death (In Death, #21) by J.D. Robb Memory in Death (In Death, #22) by J.D. Robb Haunted in Death (In Death, #22.5) by J.D. Robb Born in Death (In Death, #23) by J.D. Robb Innocent in Death (In Death, #24) by J.D. Robb Eternity in Death (In Death, #24.5) by J.D. Robb Creation in Death (In Death, #25) by J.D. Robb Strangers in Death (In Death, #26) by J.D. Robb Salvation in Death (In Death, #27) by J.D. Robb Ritual in Death (In Death, #27.5) by J.D. Robb Promises in Death (In Death, #28) by J.D. Robb Kindred in Death (In Death, #29) by J.D. Robb Missing in Death (In Death, #29.5) by J.D. Robb Fantasy in Death (In Death, #30) by J.D. Robb Indulgence in Death (In Death, #31) by Robb Possession in Death by J.D. Robb Treachery in Death by J.D. Robb New York to Dallas (In Death, #33) by J.D. Robb Chaos in Death (In Death, #33.5) by J.D. Robb Celebrity in Death (In Death, #34) by J.D. Robb Delusion in Death (In Death, #35) by J.D. Robb

*Big Jack is the second part of Remember When, written by Nora Roberts (J.D. Robb’s alter-ego).

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Witness in Death.

Quotes Lisa Kay Liked

J.D. Robb
“I hate patience. Slows everything down.”

J.D. Robb
Eve: “Would you jump in front of a maxibus for me?”
Roarke: “Absolutely. They don't go very fast.”

J.D. Robb
Roarke: “Our engines don't run at the same speed.”

Eve: “What the hell does that mean?”

Roarke: “Just that.”

Eve: “It sounds like something that ought to piss me off. But I can't figure out exactly why. When I do, I might have to pop you one.”

Roarke: “I'll look forward to it. If you don't sleep, eat. You need something in your stomach. And what are you grinning at?”

Eve: “You. You're such a wife.”

Roarke: “Now, I'm pissed off.”

J.D. Robb
Peabody: “When a guy’s in the hospital, he wants toys.”

Eve: “When a guy gets a splinter in his toe, he wants toys.”

03/27 marked as: read

Elishia You're making me want to start the next one but I know I won't get anything else done if I do.

Baba  ♥♥♥ Tyler, Marcus, Archer, Dean, Adrian, Dan & Hunter Great review, Lisa Kay! I really enjoyed this series too. Ah, yes, love me some Roarke! YUM!

message 3: by Donna (new)

Donna I'm down for the audio of Immortal in Death at the library. My first audio book ever! Can't wait, 'cause u keep raving about them!

message 4: by Karla (new)

Karla Great review Lisa Kay! I just love this series!

Lisa Kay Elishia wrote: "You're making me want to start the next one but I know I won't get anything else done if I do."

Completely understand that, Elishia! LOL!

Lisa Kay Baba wrote: "Ah, yes, love me some Roarke! YUM!"

Thanks, Baba! LOL! Yes, YUM!

Lisa Kay Donna wrote: "I'm down for the audio of Immortal in Death at the library. My first audio book ever!"

That's wonderful, Donna! Lord, I hope you enjoy it.

Lisa Kay Thanks, Karla!

Sandi *~The Pirate Wench~* Im just going into #9...so additive these books..nice review Lisa Kay :)

Lisa Kay Thanks, Sandi! Yes, very additive. ☺

message 11: by Shelly (new) - added it

Shelly I'm thinking I may have to start this series very very soon, I already have the first on audio. I'm sorta on a NR kick, you're review just added fuel to the fire! Excellent job as usual, love the picture!

Lisa Kay Thanks, Shelly! Did you make any more head-way into this series?

message 13: by Shelly (new) - added it

Shelly I haven't yet, I need to get the next few in the series on audio first. I've been buying the ones on audible when they go sale, #2 hasn't yet, and I'm out of credits right now! Thought about reading them, but the narration is good, and I like to continue series the way I start them. I will definitely continue to see if I like them any better - but now that I have an idea of what to expect, I imagine I will have no problem getting through them!