Abbie's Reviews > Chasing the Sun

Chasing the Sun by Tracie Peterson

May 15, 12

bookshelves: 2012, western-romance, bethany-house, christian-historical-fiction, blog-reviewed
Read in May, 2012

2.5 Stars

Hannah is living in Texas on a farm with her two young siblings. She receives word that her father has been captured and she is concerned about what she is going to do. Soon after hearing about her father the former owner of her farm shows up and wants his farm back. William returns from the war to find his ranch has been given to someone else because his father and his brother as well as himself had been off fighting in the war for the north. He has lost both his father and brother and was badly injured and now his ranch may not even be his.

Hannah allows William to stay until they sort out the ownership of the farm. Soon William finds himself caring for Hannah and when she finds out her father is dead and that her father wanted her to marry his business partner William and Hannah find their feelings for each other may go deeper then they thought. Will these two find happy ever after together?

This book was okay. The idea of the storyline was interesting and I was hoping for a fun read.

What I liked: Hannah was a woman who even though was put in a tough spot by her father has made the best of things and done a good job of raising her siblings. She is also brave and a take charge kind of gal and I really liked that about her! William wanted to protect Hannah which resulted in some tension between the two of them which made me smile from time to time.

What I did not like: To be honest this book was kind of boring to me. I just did not fall in love with the characters and the story line was kind of dual. The storyline of Hannah’s fathers partner and his plans felt weak and not overly believable. I also felt the relationship between William and Hannah was a little weird. The time they where together in the book they did not talk a lot and the romance part of the book was so so.

Over all it was an okay book. The author is a good writer I just did not bond with the characters like I would have liked. I would suggest you read some other reviews about this book before you pick it up.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Chasing the Sun.

05/04/2012 page 220
63.0% "This book is so so."
show 1 hidden update…