Michelle's Reviews > The Sharper Your Knife, the Less You Cry: Love, Laughter, and Tears at the World's Most Famous Cooking School

The Sharper Your Knife, the Less You Cry by Kathleen Flinn

Apr 18, 12

Read from April 03 to 16, 2012

This is a charming read. Kathleen tells the humorous story of her dream to attend the Le Cordon Bleu cooking school. A lot of the food preparation was hard to read (being a vegetarian there was a lot of meat hacking and preparation but that is some traditional French cooking) but the stories of her other classmates and the Paris neighborhoods was cute. She inspired me to try to get my husband to attend a cooking school, something he has always regretted not doing and would like to do! I personally will not be making many of the recipes given (heavy on meat) but a few I will. I also loved her guide, in the back of the book, a book club guide but not a question guide but a FOOD guide for discussing and then eating some of her recipes. In that guide, she does actually provide a few alternative menus-including vegetarians!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Sharper Your Knife, the Less You Cry.