Amanda's Reviews > Force Of Nature

Force Of Nature by C.J. Box

F_50x66
Mar 29, 12

Read in March, 2012

CJ Box did it again! We finally learn the back story of Nate Romanowski. And it is big! I was a bit disappointed because it took most of the book to learn the secret and for some reason I expected to find out much sooner in the novel. I had not read reviews of the book so I was clueless as to where the story was going and was quite proud of myself when I figured out what Nate's secret was related to, only to find out that the premise of the story was revealed in editorial reviews. At any rate, I think Box did a great job of weaving the back story of a loved character into something not only believable, but in a very unique way. Next up for me to read is The Looming Tower, from which Box took the idea of Nate's story. Box is a local celebrity in WY and I certainly like the books because I can identify with a lifestyle and a place that he describes. I'm not sure if Box is in the same league as other mystery fiction writers, but his stories are so different and down to earth that perhaps he is in a league of his own. I also really like the fact that Box incorporates current topics into his books, often controverisal topics, without taking a stand on either side of an issue and give fair play to each arguement with different characters. And to answer your questions, Mr. Box, Yes, Nate can carry a book by himself and he does so quite well.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Force Of Nature.