Traci (The Reading Geek)'s Reviews > Unraveling

Unraveling by Elizabeth Norris

May 18, 12

Read from April 24 to 27, 2012

Elizabeth Norris's Unraveling is the story of Janelle who is hit by a truck and dies. However, she is brought back to life and wakes up with Ben leaning over her. Janelle soon learns that this is only the beginning of an even bigger mystery that may lead to the end of the world.

I loved Unraveling and I don't think I can entirely express just how much I love this book! The well written characters and plot were both strongly developed. I loved how real the characters felt to me. Janelle especially was a character that I could instantly connect with on so many different levels. She is tough and can take care of herself. She has a lot of responsibilities to handle though. Her mother is bipolar and her father works a lot which leads her to taking care of her younger brother Jared.

Alex has been Janelle's best friend for years and I loved the relationship they shared. Then there is Ben who has been the loner boy at school for years. However, he is there when Janelle is killed and manages to bring her back to life. I loved learning more about Ben and trying to uncover his mystery.

I had a feeling that I would love this book as soon as it opened with a quote from my favorite Robert Frost poem. The plot is so exciting and suspenseful. There is plenty of action and romance. Then there are some moments that made me laugh out and other parts that had me on the verge of tears. I couldn't stop turning the pages to see what would happen next. I completely loved trying to solve the mystery and it was definitely not what I expected. I have been looking for a good sci-fi book for a while now and this was definitely the one! Norris's writing is addictive and she makes an excellent debut! I highly recommend Unraveling, it's a captivating and suspenseful sci-fi story that will keep you up late at night.

Originally posted on thereadinggeek.blogspot.com

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Unraveling.