Katie's Reviews > Apocalypse

Apocalypse by Troy Denning

Apr 11, 12

bookshelves: sci-fi, star-wars, 4-star

The final book in this series, Apocalypse brought everything to a suspenseful and satisfying conclusion. I enjoyed the series, but I think every series after The New Jedi Order has suffered in comparison. The stakes in that series were so high and the writing and plots so incredible that it's hard to top. I did like this series better than Legacy of the Force though.

This book really had the feeling of a conclusion as well as the feeling that they're truly moving forward. Allana is finally revealed as the daughter of Tenel Ka and Jacen, and the Jedi move from Coruscant, where they were constantly in the middle of political maneuvering and bickering, to go to their new base. I loved Jaina's part in this novel (seeing as she's been my favorite EU character since I started reading years and years ago, I love when she's written well). We really get to see her epic combat skills but her love for Jag and her family is a huge factor in the books as well. I would love to see more interaction between her and Allana, considering she's the only part of Jacen that she has left.

I'm looking forward to whatever series they decide to tackle next. I think they have some very interesting plot lines to follow so here's hoping they can create something that will challenge NJO as my favorite SW series.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Apocalypse.

04/06/2012 page 215