Aestas Book Blog's Reviews > Callum & Harper

Callum & Harper by Fisher Amelie

May 28, 12

4 stars (actually somewhere between 4 and 4.5 stars lol)

“One day, you and I are gonna’ wake up and be alright. Maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow but one day. One day. I promise you.” - Callum

Callum and Harper grew up in the foster care system and meet in a social services office after suffering from turning 18 yrs old. They are instantly attracted to each other but develop a friendship instead of a romantic relationship because they are each too scared of losing the other. And Harper is haunted by a creepy psycho guy from her past who will stop at nothing to get to her. Pretty much everything goes wrong for them but they persevere through everything and never give up on each other or life.

Callum and Harper are adorable together. I loved watching their friendship develop. Callum is so wonderfully protective of her - right from pretty much the first moment he met her. I loved his always positive, can-do, nothing will bring us down, we'll get through anything together attitude - it was totally endearing :)

“I loved her so much I could barely see straight. I wanted her so much I could barely breathe straight. I needed her so much I could barely think straight.” ~Callum

The book is written in alternating POVs (literally, like within one chapter, it'll go from his to her POV several times) but its not in the least bit confusing and is actually quite nice because it really helps you get into each of their head.

I've read several books about kids in the foster system and its quite horrible but this book does a very good job at really showing just how damaged many kids who come out of that system can be and how flawed it is. Makes me want to take them all in even though I know I can't. Its quite heartbreaking :(

The things that bugged me were that I felt it took C&H much too long to admit their love for each other. There were times when I really wanted to grab them and shake them and beg them to just admit their feelings out loud despite how cute their friendship was. They came so close sooooo many times lol but were always interrupted... and also, just on a personal level, I'm not super fond of psycho evil creepy bad guys having that much luck getting to one of the main characters.

But all in all it was a wonderful read and the HEA is very cute :)

Also, while this book isn't what I'd call a YA book, there are no graphic sex scenes. Its more about their feelings for each other.
18 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Callum & Harper.

Quotes Aestas Book Blog Liked

Fisher Amelie
“One day, you and I are gonna wake up and be alright. Maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow but one day. One day. I promise you.”
Fisher Amelie, Callum & Harper

Fisher Amelie
“I wanted to know what it was like to lie next to a warm body, to feel close to someone sincere because sincerity is one of those rare human qualities that feels a bit like discovering a lost treasure. It is a rare commodity but once found, is absolutely priceless.”
Fisher Amelie, Callum & Harper

04/12/2012
1.0% "Page one has me smiling. This is a good sign :)"
3.0% "Omgsocute *grin*"
04/12/2012
16.0% "I love this book!! I've been smiling non stop since page 1. Callum and Harper are adorable. I sense another favorite coming up :))" 1 comment
04/12/2012
27.0% "Freaking love this book!! Callum and Harper are adorable!! I have a feeling something bad is gonna happen though so I have to call it for tonight. But you can bet I'll be reading again the second I'm off work tomorrow. I've had a smile on my face since page 1 :))" 5 comments
04/13/2012
33.0% "One day you and I are gonna wake up and be all right. Maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow but one day. One day. I promise you. ~ Callum <3"
04/13/2012
43.0% "*gulp* / * squee* / *grin* ?? :)"
54.0% "Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww"
04/13/2012
57.0% "Um... Whaaaaat???? Didn't see THAT coming"
67.0% "O_O"

message 1: by Elizabeth (new) - added it

Elizabeth I bought this, but it just seems like it would be such an emotional book, I am a little afraid to start on it. I learned a hard lesson with Sempre (Forever). Lol.

Aestas Book Blog Lol it is emotional but I've read much more intense books. I teared up once or twice but no crying. It's a really good read! It's didn't tie me in knots but I really enjoyed it :)

message 3: by Elizabeth (new) - added it

Elizabeth I will try and get my nerve to read it then. Because, lately, I have wanted light reads, and every flippin' book I start turns out to be filled with heartbreaking drama,

Aestas Book Blog Have you tried Mystery Man or Rock Me? Both light fun reads with smoking' hot men!

message 5: by Elizabeth (new) - added it

Elizabeth I have both of those dwnld. I was waiting to start a series, so I may go ahead with the Kristen Ashley series.

message 6: by AJ (new) - rated it 4 stars

AJ Aestas - you still need to read Unleashed! It's a quick one!!!

Elizabeth - KA is always a fantastic option!!! Go with the Dream Man series!!!! AMAZING!

Aestas Book Blog I heard it wasn't as good as Rock Me and since RM could be read as a standalone, I went with that first but now I really wanna read Unleashed. I'll read it next time I need a quick read :)

message 8: by AJ (new) - rated it 4 stars

AJ It's not as good as Rock Me, but it's still good - and SERIOUSLY HOT!!! Evan is yummy!

Aestas Book Blog Lol. I just bought it :)

message 10: by AJ (new) - rated it 4 stars

AJ Woohoo!! Happy reading! :D

Gitte - TotallyBookedBlog I just got this one ;0)

Aestas Book Blog Enjoy! :)

★Ruth★ The things that bugged me were that I felt it took C&H much too long to admit their love for each other. There were times when I really wanted to grab them and shake them and beg them to just admit their feelings out loud despite how cute their friendship was.

I Agree wholeheartedly....it spoiled it a little bit for me :(

Aestas Book Blog Same with the grabbing and shaking lol. But I still really liked the book. They were a cute couple.. I want to try her other book - the Thomas and January one

★Ruth★ Aestas Book Blog wrote: "Same with the grabbing and shaking lol. But I still really liked the book. They were a cute couple.. I want to try her other book - the Thomas and January one"

Sorry I copy & pasted that from your review :) But yeah I'm gonna have to leave a bot of time between this & T&J as I don't think I can go through all that unresolved angst right now! Need some instant gratification :)

Aestas Book Blog Hahaha I hear you!! I'm all for instant gratification lol

message 17: by Winter (new)

Winter O. Does she pick callum?

message 18: by Winter (new)

Winter O. Does she pick callum?

message 19: by Zap (new) - rated it 4 stars

Zap Can someone enlighten me on the ending? What did it mean with the human alarm clock? I'm not sure if I'm really dense but I just didn't get it! :(