Danielle Wilson's Reviews > The Devil In Pew Number Seven

The Devil In Pew Number Seven by Rebecca Nichols Alonzo

F_50x66
Mar 29, 12

It was hard for me to believe that something this crazy actually happened. As I was reading, it sounded like some kind of a sensational thriller, almost. And as I told my coworkers about this book, they were convinced it was something I'd seen on tv.

It was an interesting, astounding read. I couldn't help but feel like the author's portrayal of her parents was idealized in many ways - especially at the beginning of the book. I suppose we're all a bit guilty of that when we remember "the good old days.". Then the last chapter or so was super preachy. I was OK with all of the bible quotes throughout the book, after all her dad was a preacher and it makes sense for the story. I just felt that the last little bit was overkill and it really turned me off from the story.

Overall it's an OK book. It could be made into a movie. I doubt it's one I'd read again. I'd only recommend it for those that aren't completely turned off by all things religion.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Devil In Pew Number Seven.