Judy Thomas's Reviews > The Further Adventures of Sherlock Holmes: The Titanic Tragedy

The Further Adventures of Sherlock Holmes by William Seil

Mar 29, 2012

Read in March, 2012

To a lifelong Sherlock Holmes fan, the new series, The Further Adventures of Sherlock Holmes put out by Titan Books, is a match made in heaven. The author, William Sell, takes on Dr. Watson's role and does such a masterful job at capturing the voice of the original that, when I read an excerpt to my husband (also a Holmes fan), his comment? "I thought I had read all the Sherlock Holmes books."

This volume finds Holmes and Dr. Watson on the Titanic, carrying out a secret government mission. I enjoyed the story, although I was disappointed in the fact that Holmes himself didn't play as large a part in the story as one might have hoped. Also, there were a lot of descriptions of the Titanic--so much that I found myself skipping over parts of the text to get back to the storyline. Part of that problem might be that I have read extensively about the Titanic, so was familiar already with the grandeur she displayed. To someone new to the Titanic story, the descriptions may not seem so draggy.

There are other books in this series, and they are now on my TBR list.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Further Adventures of Sherlock Holmes.