Joy (Cheery♡Reads)'s Reviews > Iced

Iced by Karen Marie Moning

Mar 16, 2013

bookshelves: oct-2012, karen-marie-moning
Read from March 16 to 17, 2013 — I own a copy

This is fecking awesome! Dani just kept me laughing throughout the book. There were so many funny scenes especially between her, Ryo and Lor. My favourite was the one when she so magnanimously offered Lor to touch her while vibrating. It was so cute to see how she just couldn't grasp what's going on between the men.

She is so much a woman yet still a girl in many ways and I love her more for it.

I'm so looking forward to reading Burned. The wait is gonna be hell.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Iced.

Quotes Joy (Cheery♡Reads) Liked

Karen Marie Moning
“I like sex for breakfast, kid. I eat early and often.”

Karen Marie Moning
“Ryodan doesn’t like Mac. He never has. She got between him and his best boy-bud. I give him a look. “I’ll tell you a secret, Ryodan. You mess with her, Barrons’ll kill you.” I drag a finger across my neck. “Just like that. You aren’t all that. Barrons’ll stomp your ass, hand’s down.”

He smiles faintly. “I’ll be damned. You have a crush on Barrons.”

“I do not have a crush—“

“You do, too. It’s all over your face. Anybody could see it.”

“Sometimes, boss, you’re just wrong.”

“I’m never wrong. You might as well take out a billboard. ‘Dani O’Malley thinks Jericho Barrons is hot.’ My offer to teach you is still open. Save you from future embarrassment. If I can see it on your face, he can, too. ”

“He never figured it out before,” I grumble then realize I just admitted it. Ryodan has a tricky way of wording things that makes you say things you didn’t mean to say. “Maybe I’ll ask Barrons to teach me,” I mutter and turn away from the stairs, heading for his office. I run smack into his chest. “Dude, move. Trying to get somewhere here.”

“No one but me is ever going to teach you, Dani.”

He touches me before I see it coming, has his hand under my chin, turning my face up. My shiver is instant and uncontrollable.

“That’s non-negotiable. You signed a contract with me that grants exclusivity. You won’t like it if you try to break it.”

Karen Marie Moning
“Sloppy, Mega,” I mutter. I still can’t see. I wipe my bloody nose on my sleeve and reach out to feel what I hit.
“That’s my dick,” Ryodan says.
I snatch my hand away. “Gah!” I choke out. I can feel my face again—because, like, it’s going up in flames. What kind of universe makes me reach out at exactly that fecking level to feel what I think is a wall and puts my hand on a penis?
Then I remember this is Ryodan and scowl. “You did that on purpose!” I accuse. “You saw my hand go out and you stepped right into it!”
“I’d do that why, kid?”

Karen Marie Moning
“Dude, the bush is ready. Why you still beating around it?”
“I’ve lived a long time, kid, and I’ve never heard anyone mutilate the English language quite like you.”

Karen Marie Moning
“You’ll never be just anything. A tsunami can never be ‘just’ a wave.”
“Get off my chin.”
“I like that about you. Waves are banal. Tsunamis reshape the Earth. Under the right circumstances, even entire civilizations.”
I blink.
“You’re going to be one hell of a woman one day, Dani.”

Karen Marie Moning
“The more excited I get, the more I vibrate."
"Now there's a thought," Lor says.
"If you mean what I think you mean, you want to shut the fuck up and never think it again," Ryodan says.”

Karen Marie Moning
“He closes his hand around mine and I hold on. I like his hand. It's big and holds easy but sure. It's the kind of hold that says, I got you if you want me, but I'll let you go if you feel like running for a while.”

03/15/2013 page 0
0.0% "I'm finally starting this.
*vibrates with excitement*"
03/15/2013 page 18
3.0% "Guffaws! Priceless."
03/15/2013 page 88
17.0% "Dani's book and POV is so hilarious."
03/16/2013 page 185
36.0% "I can't understand why Ryodan is singling Jo out to boink. I feel that there's a reason. Anyone care to philosophize and break it down for me?"
03/16/2013 page 200
39.0% "KMM sure knows how to bug**** us readers."
03/16/2013 page 271
52.0% "Dani's so adorable and innocent in so many ways. Really hilarious when she actually offered Lor to touch her while vibrating! I can just imagine the look on Ryo's face." 2 comments