Star (The Bibliophilic Book Blog)'s Reviews > The Ghost and the Goth

The Ghost and the Goth by Stacey Kade

Mar 29, 12

bookshelves: reviewed

Alona is the pretty blond cheerleader who always gets what and who she wants – she’s the Queen Bee. You’d think being hit by a bus would change how she views her world, but it doesn’t. Even as a ghost, nothing is more important than what she wants. She learns quickly what people really think about her and how loyal her friends really are.

The only person who can see her is Will, a so-called ‘head case’, who was quiet and kept to himself. One day he sees Alona (as a ghost) crying on the stairs and he laughs, even though he knows he should pretend he doesn’t see her. It’s too late now – she’s following him around (along with the crowds of ghosts at school) – because she’s found out his secret. He can see and speak to ghosts.

I loved the relationship between Will and Alona – it seemed so real, even though only one of them is alive. The struggles that each one has gone through in their lives really added a depth to the characters. I think character development and dialogue were excellent. I like how the narration alternates between Alona and Will – giving us the story through both of their eyes. This was an amusing and delightful story – lighthearted and fun with some real life (and afterlife) lessons.

The Ghost and the Goth Trilogy: The Ghost and the Goth (1), Queen of the Dead (2), Body & Soul (3)
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Ghost and the Goth.