Star (The Bibliophilic Book Blog)'s Reviews > Intertwined

Intertwined by Gena Showalter

Mar 29, 12

bookshelves: reviewed

Aden has been labeled as a schizophrenic because he hears voices. However, these voices are real - he has 4 other souls sharing his body with him, each with their own powers. Aden's been shipped off again, but thankfully this time it isn't a mental institution, but more like a halfway house for troubled kids.

For the first time, he's made friends and found the girl of his visions. However, for Aden, things are not as easy as he wished they would be. He's awakened some sleeping giants and they're not happy.

I read this book almost all in one sitting (darn work had to get in the way!) and was very happy with the story. I've enjoyed Ms. Showalter's other books and this one is no exception. The character development and the descriptiveness are just exceptional. I am happy there are going to be more books in this series! Aden is trying to stay sane when his entire life seems to be an obstacle and I know I've had those moments. I think that the story flowed very well - it wasn't choppy or sloppy - but very tightly written and intended for you to experience the characters feelings as if they were your own.

How do you explain to someone that you're not crazy when they hear you talking to yourself? What is truly mental illness and what is something that just can't be 'logically and rationally' explained away? I hope we find out more in the next book about the origins of Aden's own power and those of the others around him.

The Intertwined Series: Intertwined (1), Unraveled (2), Twisted (3)
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Intertwined.