Beccalou2012's Reviews > The Lucky One

The Lucky One by Nicholas Sparks

U_50x66
Apr 23, 12

Read from March 29 to April 23, 2012

i loved this book. nicholas sparks did a great job at writing it. i must say that the book is a lot better than the movie. i made it my goal to read it before i saw it and im glad i did. the whole time i was going "nope that didnt happen like that." But overall it was a great book and everybody should read it. Great Love story

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Lucky One.

Quotes Beccalou2012 Liked

Nicholas Sparks
“She had been proud of his decision to serve his country, her heart bursting with love and admiration the first time she saw him outfitted in his dress blues. ”

Nicholas Sparks
“It was their secret, a secret meant for just the two of them, and she'd never been able to imagine how it would sound coming from someone else. But, somehow, Logan made it sound just right.”

Nicholas Sparks
“She was struck by the simple truth that sometimes the most ordinary things could be made extraordinary, simply by doing them with the right people...”

Nicholas Sparks
“He was the toast to her butter.”

Nicholas Sparks
“If relationships were hard, mariage was even harder... it seemed like most couples struggled. It went with the territory. What did Nana always say? Stick two different people with two different sets of expectations under one roof and it ain't always going to be shrimp and grits on Easter.”

Nicholas Sparks
“Every now and then, I’d meet a guy and think that we were getting along great, and suddenly I’d stop hearing from him. Not only did he stop calling, but if I happened to bump into him sometime later he always acted like I had the plague. I didn’t understand it. I still don’t. And it bothered me. It hurt me. With time, it got harder and harder to keep blaming the guys, and I eventually came to the conclusion that there was something wrong with me. That maybe I was simply meant to live my life alone.”

Nicholas Sparks
“He closed his eyes as she put her hand on his shoulder, and in that instant, nothing else mattered. Not the song, not the place, not the other couples around him. Only this, only her. He gave himself over to the feel of her body as it pressed against him, and they moved slowly in small circles on the sawdust-strewn floor, lost in a world that felt as though it had been created for just the two of them.”

Nicholas Sparks
“And it's funny because it was my grandpa who painted it shut (window) in the first place, and he had a whole storage shed full of just about every tool you could imagine. He was one of those guys who thought he could fix anything, but it never worked out quite as well as he planned. He was more of a visionary than a nuts -and bolts kind of guy.”

Nicholas Sparks
“I knew it wasn't fair, I knew it was wrong, but I couldn't help it. And after a while, the anger I felt just sort of became part of me, like it was the only way I knew how to handle the grief. I didn't like who I'd become, but I was stuck in this horrible cycle of questions and blame.”

Nicholas Sparks
“The most ordinary things could be made extraordinary.”

Nicholas Sparks
“I tell myself that I know you,
and then when I think about it, I realize that I don't.”

Nicholas Sparks
“It was easy to idealize someone you barely knew.”

Nicholas Sparks
“Proximity bred familiarity, and familiarity bred comfort.”

Nicholas Sparks
“Sometimes the most ordinary things could be made extraordinary, simply by doin them with the right people.(Elizabeth Green)”

Nicholas Sparks
“It's hard at times, but it makes a kid strong in ways that most people can't understand. Teaches them that even though people are left behind, new ones will inevitable take their place; that every place has something good - and bad - to offer. It makes a kid grow up fast.”

04/04/2012 page 46