Star (The Bibliophilic Book Blog)'s Reviews > Black Wings

Black Wings by Christina Henry

Mar 29, 12

bookshelves: reviewed

Maddy's not having the time of her life - she's stuck doing a favor for her best friend and ends up with a headache and more paperwork, not to mention an ass-chewing from their boss, J.B. Then Gabriel Angeloscuro comes calling and her life goes to hell - literally! Demons are coming out of thin air, trying to kill her for reasons totally unknown to her, but not to Gabriel and Beezle (her guardian gargoyle). Maddy's got to learn quick about her legacy and powers in order to survive the next few days intact.

I can sum up this book in one word - WOW!!! If you're tired of reading about werewolves and vampires (and even if you're not!), pick up Black Wings and find yourself in a whole new and exciting world. This is one of the most original stories I've read in a while. I love Maddy and Beezle! Maddy's got to master her new and ever-changing powers before it's too late for her and the rest of the world. She also needs to come to grips with her true heritage and what that means about herself. Will she find the strength to make a difference? Get a copy of Black Wings and find out!

Madeline Black series: Black Wings (1), Black Night (2), Black Howl (3), Black Lament (4)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Black Wings.