CekMoNSter's Reviews > The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe

The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe by C.S. Lewis

May 08, 12

bookshelves: fantasy, english
Read from March 29 to May 07, 2012

Reading my second last book from Narnia, although this is really the second one from the chronicles( I think so, because the numbers in the series are pretty messed up in my mind..)

Anyway, the story begins with the introduction of four sons of Adams and daughters of Eve, Peter, Edmund, Susan, and Lucy. How they ventured to the Narnia, the land where magics happen. How they found themselves being scrutinized under the legion of evil White Witch because of a prophecy of the fallen of her empire.

Reading this book, it was a bit nostalgic. Remembering that this series were actually one of the earliest serial books that I had read in English. Before this, books in English always terrified me..Don`t know why, but foreign language intimidates me, more so when reading the thick intelligently well-versed ones. But this book, was quite simple in language, and it was stylish in terms of writing.

About the story, I could actually grasp some Christianity elements being put affront for readers. Blame the knowledge of knowing that CS Lewis wrote this with some connections to that religious belief. Father of Christmas, the resurrections, Adam, Eve and some more..Quite obvious they were. Even in terms of setting, where Narnia was once a bare land, whitish with cold and snow, until the four siblings came and with the help of Aslan, lights and warmth appeared again. Thus the biblical reference in here..

Anyway, ignoring the connection, one can still enjoy the book. This one didn`t really catch me enough unlike the other ones, but it was still good though..Good read! Nuff said~
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe.

03/29/2012 "Going backward..I have yet to read the first one, but I`ve completed the other five..Hurm.."
show 3 hidden updates…