Melanie Cusick-Jones's Reviews > Alice Parker's Metamorphosis

7198950
Apr 01, 12

bookshelves: 2012
Read from March 31 to April 01, 2012

Thanks to author Nicola Palmer for providing me a copy of Alice Parker's Metamorphosis this week. I've really enjoyed reading this fun, fantasy story about feisty thirteen-year-old Alice.

This is a really well-written book, perfect for the target 'middle grade' audience of 7+, with strong, defined characters who are both funny and believable. The relationships in the story feel genuine, especially between Alice, her brother and best friend. I really enjoyed the early scene-setting at Alice's school - certainly brought back some memories :) - and once you get the big reveal about Alice's recent issues, the story transitions to an action-mystery.

Nicola Palmer is a great writer for children and this is a good debut. Alice Parker's story is well-constructed with interesting twists and turns, great description and enjoyable characters. Overall, I'm sure this will appeal to a range of readers.

Review blogged at: http://melcj.wordpress.com/2012/04/01... and http://asidefromwriting.wordpress.com
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Alice Parker's Metamorphosis.

03/31/2012
10.0% "Really liking this so far, it's got me hooked quickly...this I'll get through it this weekend :)"