AJ's Reviews > The Reluctant Dom

The Reluctant Dom by Tymber Dalton

Mar 29, 2012

bookshelves: omg-romantic, steamy, favorites, 6-shining-stars, friends-to-lovers, sob-fest
Read from March 28 to 29, 2012

Just finished this book and feeling absolutely shattered! What an emotional ride! I laughed a lot and I cried A LOT! A gut wrenching story, but so insanely beautiful.

I love Kaden - his strength, generosity and the love he feels and shows for Leah and Seth just blew me away. And of course, the relationship and bantering between the two guys was brilliant! I found Leah to be a bit weak, but loved watching her support Seth when he needed her, and then come through it all and become stronger by the final chapter. And then there’s Seth… aahhh… I really love Seth - I loved being inside of his head as his world is literally torn apart and recreated into something so completely different to what he knew. Seth is such a real character, his reactions are so honest and understandable, and I loved being able to follow him all the way through the story from total oblivion to the inevitable ending - I dare ANYBODY (yes, please note the shouty capitals) not to sob like a baby while reading that! - and beyond. Gorgeous characters in an unimaginable situation.

The story is so well told, I never expected to enjoy it as much as I did. Even if, like me, you're not into the whole kink/bdsm thing, don't let it put you off reading this amazing book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Reluctant Dom.

Quotes AJ Liked

Tymber Dalton
“Don't harsh the mellow.”
Tymber Dalton, The Reluctant Dom

Tymber Dalton
“I'm still not doing you”
Tymber Dalton, The Reluctant Dom

Comments (showing 1-19)

dateUp arrow    newest »

Aestas Book Blog Oh I loved this book sooooo much !!! Kaden is such a wonderful and strong character <3

message 18: by AJ (new) - rated it 5 stars

AJ Yeah, I first saw the book mentioned in a thread, and then noticed that you rated it really highly so I knew that even though it would break my heart, there would be a HEA in there somewhere! Simply amazing!

Aestas Book Blog Awww I'm so glad you read it. I think it my fav stand alone book. I cried sooooo much but loved every minute !!! If you ever find another book similar to this, you have to let me know :))

message 16: by AJ (new) - rated it 5 stars

AJ Will do - same to you!

It is a relief to read a book and get a complete story without having to wait for another in the series! I seem to be in a bit of a holding pattern with soooo many series at the moment, it's draining!

Aestas Book Blog I know the feeling!! I haven't read many stand alones that I really like or love but I love when I do find them :)

message 14: by Aestas Book Blog (last edited Mar 29, 2012 06:37AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Aestas Book Blog Have you read On the Island  by Tracey Garvis-Graves? It's another of my fav stand alones

message 13: by AJ (new) - rated it 5 stars

AJ I did love this one One Day by David Nicholls - but not strictly a HEA. It is amazing though.

Aestas Book Blog *suspicious* whadaya mean not HEA? Lol

message 11: by AJ (new) - rated it 5 stars

AJ Yeah I love On the Island! That was great.

Let's just say One Day has an unexpected ending. I'm seriously not going to get all spoilery with you on this one though! Actually you probably won't like it so don't bother...

Have a look at Callum & Harper, that's gorgeous!

Aestas Book Blog Lol didn't they just make a movie out of One Day?
I neeeeeed my HEAs! That's how I get thru heartache in books, knowing that the ending will be okay

message 9: by Aestas Book Blog (last edited Mar 29, 2012 06:41AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Aestas Book Blog Have you read Finding Home by Lauren Baker?

message 8: by AJ (new) - rated it 5 stars

AJ Don't do it then (and yes there was a movie, and of course the book was better!). Read this instead - Callum & Harper by Fisher Amelie

Aestas Book Blog Ok I'll add it to my list. HEA??

message 6: by AJ (new) - rated it 5 stars

AJ Yep - loved it!

message 5: by AJ (new) - rated it 5 stars

AJ Insanely happy HEA!!

Aestas Book Blog Yessssss :))))))

message 3: by AJ (new) - rated it 5 stars

AJ LOL, you'll love it.

message 2: by Rae (new) - added it

Rae Lim I can't wait to read this !!! I'm so curious to see why you cried !!! I will for sure cry...I just know it. HAHHA

message 1: by AJ (new) - rated it 5 stars

AJ Rae wrote: "I can't wait to read this !!! I'm so curious to see why you cried !!! I will for sure cry...I just know it. HAHHA"

I don't think anybody could read this book without crying! It's such an amazing story! Good luck, I hope you enjoy it!