Tressa's Reviews > The Secret History of the Pink Carnation

The Secret History of the Pink Carnation by Lauren Willig

Mar 29, 12

bookshelves: romance
Read from March 28 to 29, 2012

The Secret History of the Pink Carnation is written in an engaging manner. When the story segued into the historical component, I noticed that the characters seemed to react in modern manner, which kept distracting me. As the story progressed, I realized that I didn't actually like any of the characters. I didn't dislike the characters; I just wasn't interested in them and I lost interest in the story as well. Near the end, it's apparent that this book is the start of a series and that the modern characters' interactions will continue throughout those books.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Secret History of the Pink Carnation.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lis (new)

Lis I had much the same reaction, and wasn't interested in reading the other books. It was disappointing, as seemed like such a fun series (I love the Scarlet Pimpernel.)

Tressa I am sad to admit that I have not watched or read anything regarding The Scarlet Pimpernel. The French Revolution is not one of my favorite time periods. But! I will now seek out movies and/or books regarding The Scarlet Pimpernel based on your recommendation. :)

message 3: by Lis (new)

Lis Get the A&E films with Richard E. Grant as the Pimpernel. He's exquisite in the role! :)