Parajunkee's Reviews > His Dark Embrace

His Dark Embrace by Amanda Ashley

Mar 28, 12

bookshelves: reviewed
Read from March 28 to April 16, 2012

Nothing says hopelessly romantic than the tortured vampire, desperate for his humanity back.
It’s girl-next-door meets vampire romance in ‘His Darkest Embrace’ by Amanda Ashley. Where a neighbor that doesn’t seem to age becomes a girl’s teenage crush and now with Skylynn’s return, after more than eighth years, maybe something more.
A more sedate paranormal romance, Ashley’s characters focused more on the establishment of the relationship than the world building that some paranormal romances get distracted with. While there was an established world before the initial present of the book, it only distracted slightly from the overall plot. I enjoyed Amanda Ashley’s world that she created and I look forward to reading her work.
There was a slower pace also with this novel, which I thought could have been picked up a notch. There was also some reactions that I thought weren’t logical and were more for plot convenience than actual sensical character behavior.
Overall I would say this was a good book and recommended if you would like something a little different. Like a bit of contemporary mixed with your paranormal.
Adults only reading, kiddies. This one has a bit a steam.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read His Dark Embrace.