Stephanie's Reviews > The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams

F 50x66
Jul 13, 07

I absolutely HATED this book. I usually read books before seeing the movie when it's released in theaters, and so I read this book. If there was a point in all his rambling disguised as prose, I missed it. Don't waste your time reading this book. And if possible, the movie was worse.
21 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.

Gabby It had rambling on purpose. The book was meant to be a cliche and very silly. If you pay attention to the book rather than sitting there thinking "This is horrible" you would notice the comedy in it.

Clair you must nto like British humor.

Abby Rose I got the humor, but it just wasn't that funny. It was a big let down.

message 4: by Deepak (last edited Feb 11, 2014 11:34PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Deepak Menon «Quarantadue!» urlò Loonquawl. «Questo è tutto ciò che sai dire dopo un lavoro di sette milioni e mezzo di anni?»
«Ho controllato molto approfonditamente,» disse il computer, «e questa è sicuramente la risposta. Ad essere sinceri, penso che il problema sia che voi non abbiate mai saputo veramente qual è la domanda.» (What ever that means ...)
To summarise - I love that book like no other! It is a 5 star book without a doubt clever and entertaining full of innuendos and hidden wit!