Darlene's Reviews > Abigail Deane and the Demon's Gate

Abigail Deane and the Demon's Gate by L.H. Thomson

Jun 12, 12

bookshelves: adventure, young-adult, witches, magick, fantasy, fav-author, kindle, kindle-books-i-own, lending-enabled, spain, england, text-to-speech-enabled
Recommended to Darlene by: L. H. Thomson
Recommended for: Yvensong
Read from June 09 to 12, 2012, read count: once

L.H. Thomson finally wrote one of my favorite genres! The combo of fantasy, young adult, witches--Love this type of book! I wish he would have left out or shortened the crusades and demon history, not only did I yawn, I actually ended up napping. And had he given Abigail more sass instead of being so sad, hopeless, and a gushy romantic, this would have gotten five stars. Sure, I understand her mom just died. That would do it for most kids. But at least she starts stepping up. By the middle of the book I did like Abigail and her Auntie. There are definitely twists and turns I didn't expect that gave this book more interest for me. And I couldn't wait. I wanted the Kindle version and am ready to start reading the further adventures of Abigail Deane!
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Abigail Deane and the Demon's Gate.

06/11/2012

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by L.H. (new) - added it

L.H. Thomson Cheers Darlene, glad you enjoyed! Her second book is quite a bit darker, I think you'll find. In fact, I may have to wean a bit of the bleakness out of the series pretty soon, as far as the planning has gone so far,LOL.

Darlene I look forward to it!