Deanna's Reviews > Fifty Shades Freed

May 08, 12

bookshelves: favorites
Read from May 04 to 08, 2012 — I own a copy

4 1/2 stars actually

Wow, I really enjoyed this Trilogy! Christian is such a tortured man due to his past but to see him slowly transform from book 1 to this one into such a caring, amazing person was a beautiful thing. I'm not saying there weren't any set backs but to see, in the final act, the way he reacted to a situation (compared to how he would have reacted to the same situation in the first book) was very touching. I found myself moved to tears a few times while reading this book, as well as the 2nd one. His story is, unfortunately, one that is lived by many who are victims of abuse. They just need the right person with the patience to get through their "walls" and help them heal. The only thing I didn't like was how Ana didn't quite appreciate how FAR Christian had come in the short time she knew him. He made so much progress in such a short time yet it wasn't enough for her, she was constantly doing things to instigate a negative reaction instead of taking into account the fact that he was trying and to "work" with him. Saw a few more Twilight similarities (Come on, their meadow?) which brought a smile to my face.

The short story at the end "Fifty's First Christmas" was a bittersweet view into his world when he was a 4 year old child after having been adopted. You see how damaged he was and how off his way of thinking was due to the way he was raised/abused. "Meet Fifty Shades" is another short, the beginning of Fifty Shades of Grey but from Christian's point of view. It lent to the understanding of how his character felt when meeting Ana that fateful day she "fell" into his office. (Much like Edwards "Midnight Sun") I LOVED it and hope the author finishes it - Christian was an "arse" but it was hilarious reading his thoughts!!!

Christian and Ana's journey, for me, was a moving tale I'm glad I read.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fifty Shades Freed.

Quotes Deanna Liked

E.L. James
“It's much easier to wear your pain on the outside...”

E.L. James
“Good evening, Mrs. Grey," Christian says softly. He's standing by the piano, dressed in a tight black T-shirt, and jeans...those jeans- the ones he wore in the playroom. Oh my. They are over washed pale-blue denim, snug, ripped at the knee and hot. He saunters over to me, his feet bare, the top button of the jeans undone, his smoldering eyes never leaving mine. "Good to have you home. I've been waiting for you.”

E.L. James
“I hate fighting with you,” he whispers.
“Well, stop being such an arse.”
He chuckles and the captivating sound reverberates through his chest. He tightens his hold on me. “Arse?”
“Ass.”
“I prefer arse.”
“You should. It suits you.”
E.L. James, Fifty Shades Freed

05/05/2012 "Read this morning before work and on lunch break....Mr. Grey you made me late twice!!! <3"
05/05/2012
12.0% "Read this morning before work and on lunch break....Mr. Grey you made me late both times!!! <3"
05/06/2012
28.0% "Mr Grey I'm late for work again!!! ;)"
05/06/2012
40.0% "Late back from lunch and stayed on the elliptical machine 10 extra minutes at the gym to keep reading.... we can't keep doing this Mr. Grey...."
05/07/2012
86.0% "I can't stop reading but I don't want it to be over yet!!!!"
05/07/2012
96.0% "Have "Fifty's First Christmas" to read...think I'll save that for the cruise...."
show 1 hidden update…