Norabee's Reviews > Shopaholic and Sister

Shopaholic and Sister by Sophie Kinsella

Aug 15, 08

Recommended for: newlyweds
Read in July, 2008

Another great addition to the Shopaholic series - Sophie Kinsella once again brings Becky, a quirky but lovable character back into the fray with a wonderful mix of weary world traveling, sisterhood and of course, more shopping!!

We pick Becky up at the end of a 10-month honeymoon with her new hubbie Luke – they’ve been all over the world and Becky’s got a lot of shopping to show for it – but it’s easy – she just buys and has it all shipped home – she’ll worry about where to put it all later! Becky decides to surprise her parents and her best friend Suze – by arriving in England unexpectedly. Becky’s in for a rude surprise – she seems to have been forgotten by her best friend Suze, who’s had twins since Becky left for her honeymoon and along with the twins, she’s got a brand new buddy that doesn’t seemed too thrilled about Becky’s return. Even her parents don’t seem too thrilled to see her and there’s some girl lurking in the background – who can she be? Well, Becky finds out that she’s got a sister. It seems that before her parents met, Becky’s dad had a romance with a flight attendant and never knew that she’d had a baby girl that she named Jessica. Becky is thrilled to hear about her sister and decides that the best way to bond is by…what else? Shopping!! She quickly learns that Jess doesn’t like shopping (Gasp!) and basically finds Becky to be irresponsible and shallow. Becky is determined to change her sisters’ mind and travels to the English countryside where Jess lives in order to bridge the gap and find her way into her sisters’ heart. Will Becky and Jess become soul mates? Will Jess learn to love shopping? Sophie Kinsella delights her readers once again as she takes us on adventure to find out!

During all the action, we get the story from Luke’s perspective a little more – we see why he loves Becky so much and in seeing her through his eyes, we learn to love her just a little bit more!

I read a few books between the last book (…Ties the Knot) and this one, but I found myself falling back into the story easily - It was nice to hear about Becky again! This was a fun story and the ending leads you right into the next book in the series – that’s right, I think it might be time for our Shopaholic to have a Baby!!
9 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Shopaholic and Sister.