Ally's Reviews > The Stand

The Stand by Stephen King

Feb 05, 13

Read from June 04, 2012 to February 05, 2013

MEATY.

Immense. Makes me think of Terry Brook's Running With The Demon, and such. Took me forever to listen to the audiobook but well worth it. There is a... immense cast of characters, each one as brilliant as the next. That was my favorite part --- the people in the book. They were so real.

Reminds me of my love for the Dark Tower series, which I have now put on my 'to revisit' list.

Worth the work --- takes forever, but wow.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Stand.

06/04/2012 page 45
4.0% "Love parts of it. Don't really care for the Franny bits. I like Larry. Stu reminds me of me, so I find myself relating to him, best. But Nic, the deaf/mute guy is the most intriguing. Too bad they only mentioned him once so far. This is a LONGBUTT book. Listening to it on audio right now."
06/06/2012 page 226
20.0% "this is just an approx guess because I am listening to the audiobook :D i find all the random characters interesting, especially Stu, Lyodd, and Nic."
06/26/2012 page 643
56.0% "that's.... ODD. I return to update my progress... ad it went back in time (from 643... to 127) O.O WHAT DOES THAT MEAN --- also, the book continues its greatness >:D"
08/20/2012 page 656
57.0% "oooooooh i shouldn't have forgotton about this, because the story just introduced 6 more characters, killed 4, and I have already forgotten who is who >.< oopse. stupid memory."
show 11 hidden updates…

Ally OMG ITS SO GOOOOOOOD IDK WHY IT JUST IS SO FREAKING GOOD WHY DO I EEVEN LIKE THIS MONSTER?!?! WHY!?