Jo * Smut-Dickted *'s Reviews > According To Hoyle

According To Hoyle by Abigail Roux

I really enjoyed this even though I'm not a huge Western fan. I did have a hard time the first 25% keeping people and plot straight and some of the plot points don't really go anywhere which surprised me. I'm used to a much tighter book from this author. I'll temper that by saying perhaps there is a sequel which I would eagerly read.

I enjoyed the way Flynn and Wash interacted - and I appreciated Flynn not breaking character. He maintained his own internal consistency (which we get a look in on). Wash shone as the tough guy with a romantic heart.

Gabriel was o.k. for me - his humor and wit are what make him special. Cage though he is my favorite. What a solid core - unwilling to compromise but not arrogant with it. I'd of loved more backstory of his previous life as it would really have made him come alive but I'm happy with what we got. Honor and redemption anchor this one strongly. The plot was awesome and it was the focus - I had no issue with the sexual tension that was built throughout the book. I cannot believe I'm saying this but I'd of been fine without any sex at all in this one. GASP. I know. Can you believe that? I rounded up to give 5 stars. It was just that good even with a few smaller issues!
2 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read According To Hoyle.