Regina's Reviews > Gilt

Gilt by Katherine Longshore

Sep 16, 12

bookshelves: 2012, romance, royalty, historical
Recommended to Regina by: those who like historical retellings of tudor era
Read from September 04 to 16, 2012

ok i finally finished it! i picked this book up and paused to do other stuff but i finally read the rest. my first impressions was that the story gave off the scandalous feel of shows like gossip girl or books like the Luxe with all the gossip and frenemy type relationships of the girls. It wasnt far off but i did find myself interested in the situations Kitty gets herself into. Cat was not a likeable character at all but i felt she did somewhat care for Kitty as much as a person like her could care for someone else. I do think Kitty was better off without Cat because she showed more backbone when Cat was gone. Kitty was a weak personality and there was times i wish she would stand up for herself some more. I do sympathize with Kitty and i felt like the relationships with the guys were pushed aside for her relationship with Cat. I didnt like either of the men that much. William was a little better but there wasnt enough development between the two for me to believe the romance.
part of me wondered at the end if shes ending up with William but i realized she probably needs to find herself more than anything before relying on anyone again, much less a guy.
I did like the book despite the flaws so ill probably read the next one in the series.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Gilt.